• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheels

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
69hemibeep said:
And Since when did the price of a hemi ride DOUBLE in price??? Only Hemi I have been in is an original, unrestored, CT dragway 1970 426 Hemi 'Cuda. That was fun!!
I have to cover the photo madams trip out now :lol:
:basketcase: Wow! I am glad I got mine in when I did![/quote]
That was for overnight camping at Chris's KOA :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Collin said:
You have 4 wheel manual drums?? i didnt know that!
Yeh the trackpac cars had 3;54 gears and drums, they are 1/2 wider in the front than yours. If you got a super trackpac you got power front disc and 4;10 gears. Which brings up a question. Were all A12s super trackpac?
I just looked in the reference section and found the A12 were standard 4;10 geared with drums.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
69hemibeep said:
Collin said:
You have 4 wheel manual drums?? i didnt know that!
Yeh the trackpac cars had 3;54 gears and drums, they are 1/2 wider in the front than yours. If you got a super trackpac you got power front disc and 4;10 gears. Which brings up a question. Were all A12s super trackpac?
I just looked in the reference section and found the A12 were standard 4;10 geared with drums.

Correct - and disc brakes were not available with the A12 option package.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Collin said:
I know some of you guys have all drums and manual as well, but you have said you dont drive the car too hard. Opinions?

You might have heard that from someone here, but I know it wasn't me... :lol: I drive Bambi like I stole her everytime she comes out of the garage... I was leery of the four wheel drums when I first got her, but they do a very adequate job of stopping the old war-horse. I originally had plans to put a Wilwood Disc conversion on her...but I don't see any reason to do that now - she stops okay and I'd like to stay fairly original.

Only found two of the Plymouth poverty caps this morning, Collin. Stay tuned...

Collin

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Collin said:
I know some of you guys have all drums and manual as well, but you have said you dont drive the car too hard. Opinions?

You might have heard that from someone here, but I know it wasn't me... :lol: I drive Bambi like I stole her everytime she comes out of the garage... I was leery of the four wheel drums when I first got her, but they do a very adequate job of stopping the old war-horse. I originally had plans to put a Wilwood Disc conversion on her...but I don't see any reason to do that now - she stops okay and I'd like to stay fairly original.

Only found two of the Plymouth poverty caps this morning, Collin. Stay tuned...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worship:

moparchris

Reaction score
Drums get a bad rap due to poor maintenance and improper set up I always set mine up a little loose so they cool better and if they cool better they dont and keep in mind the less heat build up the better you dont want to do too many hard stops in a row or you'll end up with crappy breaks like whoa nelly I think it just sped up when I hit the brakes you know the kind that when you want to stop you have to file a law suit with the supreme court 10 days in advance asking for permission to stop and really its only a request maybe its a conspiracy by disc brakes to start spreading mean rumors about the drums it reminds me of this time i was making a run to dairy queen in my 68 4 speed runner and i got a little to greedy with the brakes and i had to stop at this light near the freeway where i live and the airport is right there too sometimes i just run over to the airort and make hot laps with the flavor of the week and see if it lay down a number but i digress so here i am looking to stop at this light and i am doin like a million miles an hour and i request brkes and the car speeds up to a million and one miles an hour and i realize i am going to saw off the next person to cut acroos this intersection but it was 2 am and i dont think there were many people out then just drunk drivers and i spill my blizzard in my lap much like Acmes shirt and i have to downshift and whip the car around the turn come hell or high water water well this one time i had a boat and it had a big block chevy in it and it ran like it was made at dairy queen and i tried to get it to run better and all i ended up with was a bowl of icecream much like the blizzard that now resides in my lap so I whio it through the turn and head back to Dairy Queen and refill my blizzard but this time I let the brakes cool before I made some more high speed passes on my way home by the airport did I mention I make high speed runs there anyways drum brakes are good if you know what they are about. :leg:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Wow Chris, that was one helluva sentence! :lmao:

Yes, manual drums. I also run my car really hard sometimes. When you know how the brakes respond, then you know how the brakes respond and give yourself enough distance.
Just cruising around taking it easy - you can lock 'em up if you mash 'em and stop pretty quick.
Lots of hard braking as Chris said (in the first part of his sentence) the brakes will fade and you will need more time to stop.

mcmopar

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Drums get a bad rap due to poor maintenance and improper set up I always set mine up a little loose so they cool better and if they cool better they dont and keep in mind the less heat build up the better you dont want to do too many hard stops in a row or you'll end up with crappy breaks like whoa nelly I think it just sped up when I hit the brakes you know the kind that when you want to stop you have to file a law suit with the supreme court 10 days in advance asking for permission to stop and really its only a request maybe its a conspiracy by disc brakes to start spreading mean rumors about the drums it reminds me of this time i was making a run to dairy queen in my 68 4 speed runner and i got a little to greedy with the brakes and i had to stop at this light near the freeway where i live and the airport is right there too sometimes i just run over to the airort and make hot laps with the flavor of the week and see if it lay down a number but i digress so here i am looking to stop at this light and i am doin like a million miles an hour and i request brkes and the car speeds up to a million and one miles an hour and i realize i am going to saw off the next person to cut acroos this intersection but it was 2 am and i dont think there were many people out then just drunk drivers and i spill my blizzard in my lap much like Acmes shirt and i have to downshift and whip the car around the turn come hell or high water water well this one time i had a boat and it had a big block chevy in it and it ran like it was made at dairy queen and i tried to get it to run better and all i ended up with was a bowl of icecream much like the blizzard that now resides in my lap so I whio it through the turn and head back to Dairy Queen and refill my blizzard but this time I let the brakes cool before I made some more high speed passes on my way home by the airport did I mention I make high speed runs there anyways drum brakes are good if you know what they are about. :leg:

One period and no comma's - well done! :thumbsup: :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: He is King

Roadcuda

Reaction score
moparchris said:
After that one I not only got tired reading it but kept on reading through the blank space after it ended if it did end!!!!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice recovery from all of your travels, Chris. Put the crown back on top of thy head, Your Highness... :D

:jester:

Collin

Reaction score
Ray, Any luck with the caps? Im in absolutely NO rush at all...just wondering If i should shop around. Thanks!!!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Collin said:
Ray, Any luck with the caps? Im in absolutely NO rush at all...just wondering If i should shop around. Thanks!!!

I'll be out in the toy box tomorrow...I'll keep moving boxes, pieces, parts, and other misc. crap around. Hopefully I'll find the other two...no idea why all four aren't together... :huh:

:jester:

Collin

Reaction score
Well I am typically very organized, but it seems like when I dont need a part its always in plain sight and easily found, once I need it however..it seems to walk away and hide...

I actually just moved this week, bought myself an end unit townhouse condo. I have a full oversized 1 car garage underneath with a nice little cutout for tools and a huge back room for parts. I want to epoxy the floor before my car moves over (waiting till she runs and drives in primer, to keep noise pollution down lol). Mopar signs are making their way up onto the walls, if you guys know where to find more or have anything you dont need it would love to be up on my garage walls!!

Collin

Reaction score
Thanks! Yes I am still in Branford...just moved across town. Waiting for the RR to be road worthy so she can come home to her new garage!

Back