• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where is your Bird from?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
shadowtrain said:
Mine is a Lynch Road, Michigan also (......9A.....), interesting too as it was purchased "new" in Saskatchewan, Canada by the previous owner who worked as the parts man for the Chrysler dealership which had the car/used it as an owner demo for over a year (bill of sale is 1970). I am the 2nd owner. He told me it had 1009 miles on it when he bought it. One thing is the previous owner never found or saw the build sheet inside the car and I have looked in the usual places (under seats/carpets).

I see on a previous post that the build sheet may be in the headliner? Can anyone advise?

...we are now in official Farenheit meets Celcius mode...-35F=-35C!

The other place is on top of the glove box.

IMHO, a lot more of these cars came through without the build sheet then most people think.

And.. -35 is cold no matter what scale you use....

69runner

Reaction score
My Runner is a Lynch Road car. It was bought new at a Chrysler dealer in Shively, Ky. (A Louisville suburb.) It has been my family since it was 10 months old, so I know just about all of its history. It had a build sheet, (under the rear seat) but the varments ate most of it. Rust has destroyed the fender tag. The only thing I can make out on it is the scheduled build date which is 1/10/69.

BTW Big John, Thanks for starting this site. With the apparent demise of .org, this makes a nice replacement venue for it. (I do miss that red Runner on the home page though..........) :cheers:

69runner

droptop

Reaction score
As far as I know, all convertibles came from St Louis, so I guess mine started life at the "Gateway to the West"

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
http://hem.passagen.se/nubbis4/

click on gallery, ton of road runner pics, including said red '69 with the Craggar SS

Plenty of nice pics...wouldn't use their "Historical" page as the RR Bible however...I've heard B-Bodies called lots of things over the years with some measure of accuracy...but "compact" wasn't one of them...LOL!

The red car with Cragars does look good... The bronze car on the homepage really caught my eye too though...
:thumbsup:
Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
IMHO, a lot more of these cars came through without the build sheet then most people think.

Certainly seems to be the case. Especially with the A12's - I've done quite a bit of reading on various boards on this subject and apparently it is quite the rarity for these cars in particular. The speculation is that this is due in part to them being 383 cars (the 383 code is even present on their data plates) with the engines replaced...which makes some sense to me... I took the seats out of mine just the other day looking but of course came up empty-handed. Still need to peel up the tattered remains of the carpet and yank the glove box... Not holding out a lot of hope though, I'll tell ya that much...

:popcorn:
Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Well I dont have the car to work on yet so all I can do is talk about it! Here is some of the documents that came with it, one of them is seldem seen do you know what it is?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Also have payment check full purchase price with trade of a ford Fairlane GT390, and registrations since new. Thats to much info to post

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Must be nice...I've got a copy of the previous Texas title and that's about it...

:horse:
Ray

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Those two seat tags are something you don't see every day. Those are usually one of the first things that get thrown in the circular file! I have the warrenty, and service record book for my Barracuda. They even kept records for about 3 years! I don't know what that body diagram is for. I can make out the labels of what side is shown, but what does it say at the top of that page?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Those two seat tags are something you don't see every day. Those are usually one of the first things that get thrown in the circular file! I have the warrenty, and service record book for my Barracuda. They even kept records for about 3 years! I don't know what that body diagram is for. I can make out the labels of what side is shown, but what does it say at the top of that page?
You got the right document, its the body diagram I found under the carpet. But what is it for :huh:It took me a little digging to find out :popcorn:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
You got the right document, its the body diagram I found under the carpet. But what is it for :huh:It took me a little digging to find out :popcorn:

And do you plan to share this little tid-bit of info...??? :toetap:

:D
Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

And do you plan to share this little tid-bit of info...??? :toetap:

:D
Ray
Nobody else wants to try, so here we go :leave: OK its just for the body paint scheme

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've never found so much as the crumbled remains of a build sheet in any of my cars.

1BADBIRD

Reaction score
My 69 RR is from ST.Louis made on 4-11-69 R4 paint and A/C has alot of weird options. still tracking people down to find out more about her.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Hey Bad Bird!! Welcome! :cheers:

Back