• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where is your Bird from?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
And so, Hemi, how were the dunes...???

:toetap: :D
Ray
Had a blast, went through 40 gallons of fuel. Got most of the bugs worked out but the commander and chief said we need more of a racing seat, she felt like she was going to fall out :D . I also need to dig up an 850dp holley to get'er really going :thumbsup:

rm23j9a

Reaction score
One Lynch Road, one St. Louis. The St. Louis car was sold new at Worthey's Forest Park Chrysler Plymouth in Ft. Worth. It was traded in there when it was Wild Bill's Chrysler Plymouth in 1976. I bought it there then and discovered the "Worthey's" under the "Wild Bill's" sticker. Then I sold the car in 1983 to a guy in a small East Texas town. I bought the car back from the same guy in 1998.

If that isn't enough, one of the 3 years the Nats were at Indy I took a 70 340 Duster up there to sell. A couple young guys asked if the car was mine. I said yes. They asked if I was from Texas, and I said yes. I asked if they were too and said yes, but I probably never heard of the town (little did they know). So we talk a while and they tell me about this runner sitting behind a guy's house where they live. They give a partial description of the car, and I ask....."Where did you say you were from?"

They finally tell me, and I start asking them really specific questions about the car. They look back and forth at each other kinda confused, telling me they weren't sure of some of the details, that the guy won't let anyone real close, and that he won't even talk about selling. Then one says "Why, you think you know the car?" I say, I think I sold him that car."

And of course I did, and you already know the rest of the story.

All I know of the other car is it was owned by the P.O. for 18 years before I bought it.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Small world isn't it? Cool story!

Better believe it is a small world...Tem (RM23J9A) would be the gentleman that I purchased Bambi from... :D

Tembo - glad to see you're making an ocassional appearance here! I ripped the old carpet out of the A12 this past weekend - the seats are out to be reupholstered - no build sheet. We're now down to just the top of the glove box and the headliner as possibilities. Not holding out much hope... Oh well... Not a lot of unanswered questions anyway as the car was mostly original... Found a lot of junk under there...old pennies...fuses...stray nuts, bolts, & screws, cig butts, and one original A12 chrome lug nut...

:jester:
Ray

rm23j9a

Reaction score
Hey Raynman

What are ya gonna do about the headliner? Gonna leave it as a cloak-mobile right now, or are ya gonna cut it out.

(cloak-mobile headliner = a sagging headliner used as a Star Trek-like cloaking device)

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
rm23j9a said:
Hey Raynman

What are ya gonna do about the headliner? Gonna leave it as a cloak-mobile right now, or are ya gonna cut it out.

(cloak-mobile headliner = a sagging headliner used as a Star Trek-like cloaking device)

The Romulan A12 Cloaking Device was removed from the vehicle immediately after initial docking at its new Florida home base. :jester:

I cut the headliner out from just behind the dome light on back. Could not see sh*t out the back window the way it was... Can't wait to get the seats back...although the boss is adamant about bagging up the rear seat and leaving it out until after the car is restored...we'll see.

Ray

RdChicken

Reaction score
My car is a St. Louis car, sold in California 69, went to Buffalo NY, then Chicago IL, and now in the Lansing, MI area.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Road Chicken, you gotta do better than that! More BIGGER Pics!!!!(Please)

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
now that's sweet! Mine came from Sterling Hts in '06. Wouldn't look fimilar would it?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
The car looks great. Did you put the '68 hood treatment on it, or did you get the car that way? I didn't think you could get that treatment on a '69.

RdChicken

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
The car looks great. Did you put the '68 hood treatment on it, or did you get the car that way? I didn't think you could get that treatment on a '69.

No, it wasn't offered on the 69's, a previous owner painted the car. I believe the car was repainted in the mid 90's and they wanted the 68 hood treatment. When I repaint the car, hopefully in the next year or two, it's going back to it's original appearance. It will be R4 Torr Red with the Black pin stripes down the sides.

RdChicken

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
now that's sweet! Mine came from Sterling Hts in '06. Wouldn't look fimilar would it?

I'm not sure if I've seen your car before, maybe at a car show once but I don't know the car or previous owner. Sterling Heights is about an hour and a half away from me. Although I do go to some car shows in the Detroit area.

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
RdChicken said:
It will be R4 Torr Red with the Black pin stripes down the sides.

First off, welcome to the site! Secondly, your car is beautiful!!!

As one R4 owner to another, Tor Red is a 70 color (V2)... R4 was a 69 color known as Barracuda Orange on Plymouths and Performance Red on Dodges
:cheers:

coyotekiller

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the history of my car. But I do know it is a Lynch Rd car.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
I don't know anything about the history of my car. But I do know it is a Lynch Rd car.
Since it is a Lynch Rd. car you really need to see if you can find a build sheet. They were notorious about not putting all options on the fender tag. :drive:

Back