• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 rr build from the beginning

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks great! how bad were the TTis on the $$? did you add them with the engine already in?

69383RR

Reaction score
I think they were around $700 , we got the rest of their H system from the collectors back, that was another $300 and then add a pair of Magnaflow mufflers .

69383RR

Reaction score
a few engin pics

I decided to go with custom cut to length spark plug wires by MSD . Cutting and crimping the wires is a time consuming proses but the tidy look is well worth the time it took to make them . I also found some simple but very affective billet wire routers or looms , to keep the wires organized and away from the headers .

plugwires021_zps2ff66270.jpg

plugwires020_zps349e9acb.jpg

plugwires0223_zps7934c256.jpg

plugwires0242_zps28b5eabb.jpg

In this picture you can see the aluminum radiator from "Be Cool" with duel electric fans .

plugwires024_zps1ecce112.jpg

8009012_zps67fb8587.jpg

newgrill015_zpsabefa22e.jpg

Last edited:

inri

Reaction score
I decided to go with custom cut to length spark plug wires by MSD . Cutting and crimping the wires is a time consuming proses but the tidy look is well worth the time it took to make them . I also found some simple but very affective billet wire roughters or looms , to keep the wires organized and away from the headers .

plugwires021_zps2ff66270.jpg

plugwires020_zps349e9acb.jpg

plugwires0223_zps7934c256.jpg

plugwires0242_zps28b5eabb.jpg

In this picture you can see the aluminum radiator from "Be Cool" with duel electric fans .

plugwires024_zps1ecce112.jpg

Looking real good! I bet you're anxious to get on the road with this lean mean machine!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
very tidy. I used to do that with Aceel wires. takes some time, but woth it.

69383RR

Reaction score
Took the bird out for a little test run today after replacing bearings in transmission . Had her up on jacks at first just to check things out before letting her loose on the road , she sounded very good ,no growling . Shifting through the gears was very slick as well .Rear brakes are a little strong , I have to play with the proportioning valve , I think its a 60 / 40 split . Engine was very strong , she wanted to get up and go. Over all the first test run was pretty good , the only leak was at one of the power steering high pressure fittings . I would like to make a short video of the next time out and try to post it here if I can .

rr69022_zps24a52890.gif

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
Looks sharp

I decided to go with custom cut to length spark plug wires by MSD . Cutting and crimping the wires is a time consuming proses but the tidy look is well worth the time it took to make them . I also found some simple but very affective billet wire routers or looms , to keep the wires organized and away from the headers .

Nice RR, nice job with all of it... :beep: :thumbsup:

A31PKG

Reaction score
Code 97 denotes a mid-year special order paint color of "Bright Green Metallic". It is possible that this is a somewhat rare "Spring Special" package car? What are the codes in section #6 of your build sheet?

Car looks good!

69383RR

Reaction score
Thank you guys . Yes I call myself a Vermonter but I did live many years in Massachusetts ,as that was the state my father retired to from the military . Before that we traveled to many posts all over the world . As for the original color of the car I'll take another look at the build sheet . Also , I'll post a short video of the next run as soon as the snow melts and the roads dry out .

Last edited:
Back