69 rr build from the beginning

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks great! how bad were the TTis on the $$? did you add them with the engine already in?

69383RR

Reaction score
I think they were around $700 , we got the rest of their H system from the collectors back, that was another $300 and then add a pair of Magnaflow mufflers .

69383RR

Reaction score
a few engin pics

I decided to go with custom cut to length spark plug wires by MSD . Cutting and crimping the wires is a time consuming proses but the tidy look is well worth the time it took to make them . I also found some simple but very affective billet wire routers or looms , to keep the wires organized and away from the headers .

plugwires021_zps2ff66270.jpg

plugwires020_zps349e9acb.jpg

plugwires0223_zps7934c256.jpg

plugwires0242_zps28b5eabb.jpg

In this picture you can see the aluminum radiator from "Be Cool" with duel electric fans .

plugwires024_zps1ecce112.jpg

8009012_zps67fb8587.jpg

newgrill015_zpsabefa22e.jpg

Last edited:

inri

Reaction score
I decided to go with custom cut to length spark plug wires by MSD . Cutting and crimping the wires is a time consuming proses but the tidy look is well worth the time it took to make them . I also found some simple but very affective billet wire roughters or looms , to keep the wires organized and away from the headers .

plugwires021_zps2ff66270.jpg

plugwires020_zps349e9acb.jpg

plugwires0223_zps7934c256.jpg

plugwires0242_zps28b5eabb.jpg

In this picture you can see the aluminum radiator from "Be Cool" with duel electric fans .

plugwires024_zps1ecce112.jpg

Looking real good! I bet you're anxious to get on the road with this lean mean machine!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
very tidy. I used to do that with Aceel wires. takes some time, but woth it.

69383RR

Reaction score
Took the bird out for a little test run today after replacing bearings in transmission . Had her up on jacks at first just to check things out before letting her loose on the road , she sounded very good ,no growling . Shifting through the gears was very slick as well .Rear brakes are a little strong , I have to play with the proportioning valve , I think its a 60 / 40 split . Engine was very strong , she wanted to get up and go. Over all the first test run was pretty good , the only leak was at one of the power steering high pressure fittings . I would like to make a short video of the next time out and try to post it here if I can .

rr69022_zps24a52890.gif

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
Looks sharp

I decided to go with custom cut to length spark plug wires by MSD . Cutting and crimping the wires is a time consuming proses but the tidy look is well worth the time it took to make them . I also found some simple but very affective billet wire routers or looms , to keep the wires organized and away from the headers .

Nice RR, nice job with all of it... :beep: :thumbsup:

A31PKG

Reaction score
Code 97 denotes a mid-year special order paint color of "Bright Green Metallic". It is possible that this is a somewhat rare "Spring Special" package car? What are the codes in section #6 of your build sheet?

Car looks good!

69383RR

Reaction score
Thank you guys . Yes I call myself a Vermonter but I did live many years in Massachusetts ,as that was the state my father retired to from the military . Before that we traveled to many posts all over the world . As for the original color of the car I'll take another look at the build sheet . Also , I'll post a short video of the next run as soon as the snow melts and the roads dry out .

Last edited:
Back