• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlise 2011

69B5

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your troubles George
Thats certainly no way to end a perfectly good day

george68hemirr said:
guys....it was great meeting all you guys.....by the time i got loaded up and on the road it was 715 pm......we just crossed over the new york line and my turbo shit the bed......i was bellowing smoke and flames flying out my pipe.....pulled off the new york state thruway to see if my engine was on fire....popped the hood and from the turbo back to the muffler was cherry red.....i wanna puke.....so now after i got towed off the thruway and dropped off....he couldnt tow me home i had to get another tow truck to get the truck and trailer home......my AAA covered the truck towing but not the trailer with the runner......390.00.....OUCH....I NEED A SHOT OF 151
YEP ITS ONLY 330AM....GOOD NITE :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
Congrats Fran. :thumbsup:

Steve, I bought one of the Battery Tenders for winter storage, might be a consideration.
Marty, They claim the key to a longer battery life is to not let the charge get below 50% or 12.18 volts. So every three months, like over the winter months, or sooner if it reaches that 50% mark you charge it with a 10 amp charger for at least two hours, but not so long as to go over 15 volts! The charger they recommend lists for almost $99. :brickwall: There has to be something a bit less cheaper that can do the same job.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
My appologies to Fran for not mentioning his super cool ride in my earlier post....

[attachment=0:3ge2m1mu]Fran's mystery ride.jpg[/attachment:3ge2m1mu]

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
George's Monster

[attachment=1:1k5ftb8o]George's Runner 1.jpg[/attachment:1k5ftb8o]

[attachment=0:1k5ftb8o]George's Runner 3.jpg[/attachment:1k5ftb8o]

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Craig's ride.....

[attachment=1:2245838h]Craig's runner 1.jpg[/attachment:2245838h]

[attachment=0:2245838h]Craig's Runner 2.jpg[/attachment:2245838h]

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats Fran! :cheers:

Sorry to hear that you too had a rough ride home, Harold.

Bought some nit-noi stuff - kinda limited in what you can drag home when you fly although I have shipped some stuff home from other shows... Scored a driver's RR quarter extension (all four posts intact) for $15. Got a '70 passenger Duster tail light assembly for $30. Plastic cover (covers the bulbs and wiring) still intact and in excellent shape. These things are impossible to find - they are always broken or missing. As far as I'm concerned I got the cover for $30 and the rest of the assembly was free. :D Bought a new set of intake and water pump bolts (with the nylon lock plugs) for the A12 from BRE. Little pricey but they have the correct markings on them. Scored a throttle return spring for the A12 also. Buying a six barrel car with the six barrel set-up in the trunk means you have to chase lots of small parts... :crazy:

Still chasing '70 Valiant emblems with good, dark color on them...as always... :leave:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Congrats Fran! :cheers:

Sorry to hear that you too had a rough ride home, Harold.

Bought some nit-noi stuff - kinda limited in what you can drag home when you fly although I have shipped some stuff home from other shows... Scored a driver's RR quarter extension (all four posts intact) for $15. Got a '70 passenger Duster tail light assembly for $30. Plastic cover (covers the bulbs and wiring) still intact and in excellent shape. These things are impossible to find - they are always broken or missing. As far as I'm concerned I got the cover for $30 and the rest of the assembly was free. :D Bought a new set of intake and water pump bolts (with the nylon lock plugs) for the A12 from BRE. Little pricey but they have the correct markings on them. Scored a throttle return spring for the A12 also. Buying a six barrel car with the six barrel set-up in the trunk means you have to chase lots of small parts... :crazy:

Still chasing '70 Valiant emblems with good, dark color on them...as always... :leave:

Ray, I want to thank you and your Gang (fun guys) for the evening at the RV and dinner. I'm not sure how to post the pic of you with the vertical smile though :acme: :D Oh and congrats Fran :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
[Ray, I want to thank you and your Gang (fun guys) for the evening at the RV and dinner. I'm not sure how to post the pic of you with the vertical smile though :acme: :D

You're quite welcome! :cheers:
Yeah, that was a damned good time. Had just enough Jack Daniels that night that my head was a little bit cloudy flying home the next day. :D Don't know if you knew or not but the boys snuck into the toy hauler and short-sheeted Dana's bed... :basketcase:

Probably best if you just hit delete on the old "moon shot"...and don't leave your camera unattended at the next gathering... :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[Ray, I want to thank you and your Gang (fun guys) for the evening at the RV and dinner. I'm not sure how to post the pic of you with the vertical smile though :acme: :D

You're quite welcome! :cheers:
Yeah, that was a damned good time. Had just enough Jack Daniels that night that my head was a little bit cloudy flying home the next day. :D Don't know if you knew or not but the boys snuck into the toy hauler and short-sheeted Dana's bed... :basketcase:

Probably best if you just hit delete on the old "moon shot"...and don't leave your camera unattended at the next gathering... :lmao:

I take it you don't want a virtual exam done on the board :lol:

69B5

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the congrat's
I was totally suprised
There was soooo many nice Mopar's there
It was great seeing you guys again and meeting new ones
Ray, when you stoped to say hi, I think you'll know what I mean when I say "I'll never make that mistake again"

Roadcuda

Reaction score
droptop said:
Just got in on the return trip from hell. (not as bad as George though) We blew out the first tire on the turn pike with no place to pull off. Finally found a pull off and changed out the tire with the spare. Back under way in about an hour. The second tire shot craps in downtown Louisville with no place to pull over. Was able to get off the interstate after about a mile. I just took the tire off and limped on 5 tires for about 20 miles till Melanie could find a tire store on her crackberry. Come to find out the trailer I just bought had 2 different size tires on it. The bigger tire was taking all the weight and just couldn't take the heat and weight. :brickwall: I did get some pictures and will up load them as soon as I get unpacked. It maybe a couple of days. With all this rain, the grass is about knee high.
That sucks to hear Harold. From what I read on another forum someone there said they saw 4 or 5 car trailers with either a tire problem, a trailer that had become detached from the tow vehicle with another off the road in the ditch. At least you kept it on the road and everyone is safe.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
droptop said:
Just got in on the return trip from hell. (not as bad as George though) We blew out the first tire on the turn pike with no place to pull off. Finally found a pull off and changed out the tire with the spare. Back under way in about an hour. The second tire shot craps in downtown Louisville with no place to pull over. Was able to get off the interstate after about a mile. I just took the tire off and limped on 5 tires for about 20 miles till Melanie could find a tire store on her crackberry. Come to find out the trailer I just bought had 2 different size tires on it. The bigger tire was taking all the weight and just couldn't take the heat and weight. :brickwall: I did get some pictures and will up load them as soon as I get unpacked. It maybe a couple of days. With all this rain, the grass is about knee high.
That sucks to hear Harold. From what I read on another forum someone there said they saw 4 or 5 car trailers with either a tire problem, a trailer that had become detached from the tow vehicle with another off the road in the ditch. At least you kept it on the road and everyone is safe.
Tires, don't get me started :brickwall:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score

i agree harold.....at least you made it home safe .....

Back