• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
I will get there about 5-6 am sat and going to the middlesex dinner for some grub!then to the show

droptop

Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
I will get there about 5-6 am sat and going to the middlesex dinner for some grub!then to the show

I have heard that the Middlesex Diner has the best breakfast in the area. We may have to check that out this year if we get to go.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
droptop said:
generaljmwlee said:

I have heard that the Middlesex Diner has the best breakfast in the area. We may have to check that out this year if we get to go.

Harold, I thought that you said you were out this year; something change?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I told MrsBeep to make a decision, airfare went up $100 today. :brickwall:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
droptop said:

Nevermind; that was the show in GA that you said you were skipping if they were not going to have it at the track. I was having a brain fart...

droptop

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="ACME A12":3tl152re]
droptop said:

Nevermind; that was the show in GA that you said you were skipping if they were not going to have it at the track. I was having a brain fart...[/quote:3tl152re]

You could have at least lit a match....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Here's my normal routine. my buddy brian goes every year......this is what he does

Drive in Thursday July 8. Leave early, get there around noon.
Check in hotel.
Go to the show and check out the early bird stuff. If I have the vendor pass or if I have to get a regular show pass it doesn't really matter... not much of a line on Thrusday afternoon.
Thursday night there's a pre show car show at Dodge dealer in Mechanicville put on by the local mopar club. Either eat cheap there or go out later. Shoot the bull in Quality parking lot.

Friday... go to show all day. Go out afterwards. There's 1/8 mile drags not far away... maybe you'd want to do that with the road runner. Otherwise go out to eat and then go-carts and shoot the bull in the Quality parking lot.

Saturday: Check out early, go to show all day. Leave for home around 6pm. Get home 10-11pm.

Sunday is garbage day at Carlisle... half the vendors leave Saturday night. Place is ghost town by lunchtime. Only people that hang out are waiting trophy plaques that they'd mail anyhow if you win.

coyotekiller

Reaction score
I am leaving Thursday after work so I will get in late. The machine shop has my block right now so hopefully I get it back in a couple of days to assemble the motor so I can bring the car with me. I would love to bring it to the track. Would love to meet up with the guys from this site everybody seems like a good group of guys.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
yeah it would be cool to meet everyone......i already registered the car and dont know much about this place so somebody take charge for a place to meet.....at nite or during the show.....whatever

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Up until now I thought I would have to work that weekend because we have to be open on the Saturdays after a holiday. Well, after talking to my boss about it, he didn't think I would have to work, so unless something comes up where I have to be at work, and you never know what could happen, I am planning on going to Carlisle for that Saturday only. I'm lookin' forward to meeting you guys there.

Collin

Reaction score
George,
You gonna take the RR for a run down the drag strip?? If you do, Id like to see if anyone can snag a video of it and post it on here!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like most of us will be there for a couple of days or more while everyone that is going will at least be there on Saturday. You guys want to set up a time to convene at Mac's swap meet space on Saturday afternoon? We did this last year but there were a bunch of no-shows...but I'm certainly willing to give it another try...and if no one shows up then me & my crew will sit and drink a few beers with Mac & his buddies just like we did last year... :cheers:

What sounds good to you, Mac? Maybe 4:00 or 5:00 p.m.? Most of the show traffic will have died down by then so if we do get some live bodies it shouldn't prevent you & Rick from selling anything. Your thoughts?

Ray

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Beaver Springs has a 1/4 mile........it's about an hour away. That's where I'll be that Sunday for the Nostalgia Drag Nationals........George, you should go over and sign up for that.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Beaver Springs has a 1/4 mile........it's about an hour away. That's where I'll be that Sunday for the Nostalgia Drag Nationals........George, you should go over and sign up for that.
we are heading home saturday nite......big car show by us......sunday

george68hemirr

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Sounds like most of us will be there for a couple of days or more while everyone that is going will at least be there on Saturday. You guys want to set up a time to convene at Mac's swap meet space on Saturday afternoon? We did this last year but there were a bunch of no-shows...but I'm certainly willing to give it another try...and if no one shows up then me & my crew will sit and drink a few beers with Mac & his buddies just like we did last year... :cheers:

What sounds good to you, Mac? Maybe 4:00 or 5:00 p.m.? Most of the show traffic will have died down by then so if we do get some live bodies it shouldn't prevent you & Rick from selling anything. Your thoughts?

Ray
where on the fairgrounds is Mac set up......i will be there.....or pm me and we can swap cell phone numbers.....so i can find you guys.......i did that with steve when we went to rhinebeck show and it worked out great

Back