• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting a little excited

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Look terrific! Thanks for posting the pics.

Ray may refer to it as a lowly, pedestrian 383 car :stuckup: ......but I really like it. (yeah, mines a 383 too) :beep:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
very nice! what are you doing for wheels? and I see yours has the trim on the top of the doors. I've only seen a few with that. was that a little known option?

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Thanks!!!

I will go poverty for a while on the wheels then in with the 68 magnum style but 15 inch so I guess they are Mustang wheels.

The M-31 belt moldings hence the holes on the tops of the doors.

Not a 383 just the call outs. The engine is long gone somewhere. Have a buddy with two SuperBee engines about the same date so will go that route in a few years.

For now a somewhat healthy 440 albeit Plymouth looking underhood. Minus of course the shine on the heads.

Washing off the bottom and shooting it with undercoat. That is what saved it.

Still contemplating the V6W reflective stripe. :huh:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Not a 383 just the call outs. It is a somewhat healthy 440 but looking somewhat stock looking.

Yeah, nothing says "stock looking" like a pair of aluminum cylinder heads.... :lmao:

:jester:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Be nice!

I started with a bucket of bolts and a rolling shell ten to twelve years ago.

It was going to get salvaged for a B5 post auto car.

That's why I chuckle about green cars making great parts cars.

moparchris

Reaction score
She sure is beautiful! All you guys putting the finishing details on your restos are making me look bad! :facepalm:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:

I'm always nice...

...rib-poking...fun-loving...take it just as well as dish it out...never miss an opportunity...YES, CERTAINLY TO ALL OF THE AFOREMENTIONED...

...but always nice...i don't have a mean bone in my body.

She looks great...just not stock.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
If you were next to me with the hood down and not listening to the potato potato potato it would look stock.

Still an H on the VIN and will always be.

Even an unsilenced air cleaner. If it will fit. I had to ditch the Performer RPM. Unless I wanted a dimple in my hood.

We have an orphan show (Plymouth, Olds and Pontiac) coming on 07-22-10 and I hope to drive it to the show and park it next to my buddies RamAir IV 69 T/A. (Might be a stretch gettting it done by then)

He still drives the TA every now and then. Fifty-five were made 46 4-speeds and it is probably one of about three not tucked away.

He will make it a trailer queen in time but for now it is nice to see it out and about.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
If you were next to me with the hood down and not listening to the potato potato potato it would look stock.

Even an unsilenced air cleaner. If it will fit. I had to ditch the Performer RPM. Unless I wanted a dimple in my hood.

So the nefarious hood clearance issue has been answered once and for all...not welcome news for many I am sure... What went on in the place of the Performer RPM?

Curious comment on the "H"...what was that about or in response to?

It's nice that a couple of members have cars coming together all at the same time...kind of like waiting for someone in the family to have a baby....(okay, not quite the same...but you all know what I mean...) :thumbsup:

joewhite440

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
meepbeep69 said:

So the nefarious hood clearance issue has been answered once and for all...not welcome news for many I am sure... What went on in the place of the Performer RPM?

Curious comment on the "H"...what was that about or in response to?

It's nice that a couple of members have cars coming together all at the same time...kind of like waiting for someone in the family to have a baby....(okay, not quite the same...but you all know what I mean...) :thumbsup:

I took it as the H being the letter before the 9 in the Vin meaning 383. I could be wrong?
Car looks great!!! Has to be making some Green guys proud!
:drive: :drive: :drive:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Thanks!!!

I will go poverty for a while on the wheels then in with the 68 magnum style but 15 inch so I guess they are Mustang wheels.

The M-31 belt moldings hence the holes on the tops of the doors.

Not a 383 just the call outs. The engine is long gone somewhere. Have a buddy with two SuperBee engines about the same date so will go that route in a few years.

For now a somewhat healthy 440 albeit Plymouth looking underhood. Minus of course the shine on the heads.

Washing off the bottom and shooting it with undercoat. That is what saved it.

Still contemplating the V6W reflective stripe. :huh:
Maybe this pic will help you decide on the stripe. For me it made a big difference.

Back