• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting a little excited

Roadcuda

Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
If anyone has a picture of the bulkhead in detail please link. I am a little confused on the light hook up for the trans reverse for the dash.

Graphic artist I am not but the black out and the reflective tape with RWL tires might not be too bad after all. :huh:

A12 and Roadcuda thanks. That and Stu had a green one with a vinyl top and stripe in the pictures he posted from a recent show.

For now it will have the sleeper look with the dog dish caps. Later I'd like to put the 68 style magnums on.

What do you think about the stripe that is?
That makes all the difference, It looks GREAT!!! :thumbsup:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
It really does bring it out well.

I started playing with the pictures and putting the color in and Hmmm.

The stripe is ordered and should be here in a day or so. On it goes

Then it is have a little fun with the 440 for a while get one more out of college then perhaps swap my 68 383 engine for a 69 and tame the car down.

The bodyman reminded me the quarter is longer than the Titan pickup in there now. I did not put a tape to it but the chicken's looks longer.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I bought the reverse harness which plugged into the tranny no problem. There are two male ends that are bare and a plastic cased end for a third. Car is about 40 miles away so can't remember if that third one in the plastic connector is a male or female.

The plastic connector is the one I am questioning.

The good news is the mechanic at a contractor's firm I know is a retired 70 YO former mechanic from a Chrysler Plymouth dealer. He is out of surgery today and while off said I will be the one under the hoood connecting the wires.

Driveshaft is coming from CO. Williams recommended a firm and they said I should have it by late next week or early the following week.

Any idea on a non twist top good looking black battery that the old style battery hold down will work?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
I bought the reverse harness which plugged into the tranny no problem. There are two male ends that are bare and a plastic cased end for a third. Car is about 40 miles away so can't remember if that third one in the plastic connector is a male or female.

The plastic connector is the one I am questioning.

The good news is the mechanic at a contractor's firm I know is a retired 70 YO former mechanic from a Chrysler Plymouth dealer. He is out of surgery today and while off said I will be the one under the hoood connecting the wires.

Driveshaft is coming from CO. Williams recommended a firm and they said I should have it by late next week or early the following week.

Any idea on a non twist top good looking black battery that the old style battery hold down will work?
Why not the twist top? The one I got is a gel cell :thumbsup:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Where do I get a twist top looking battery for the chicken?

Is this the place? http://www.restorationbattery.com/g27ml.html

http://www.restorationbattery.com/chryslerproducts.html

Is that the right color and the right price?

I could always do this.....

http://www.batterytoppers.com/products/

But then it does not look like the hold downs work.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/sho ... in=5947065

The mechanic is ready to teach me the fine art of wiring the car.

Wish me luck, I am having flashbacks of putting out an under dash fire in my 68 Hurst/Olds. That was the last time I played with wiring!

The big metal arm on the back of the heater had yanked the rubber off the ignition wire. I was at a show and and it got cold that night. I actually used the defroster on the way home.

The car would not start after I turned it off. The continuity was good but I did not factor in some bare wires. I took all of the connections apart cleaned them up and put it all together.

Long story short, it turned over but I sacrificed a good shirt putting that fire out. I vowed to myself I am DONE with anything electrical except changing batteries in the remote or flashlight.

I hope to have it done before the orphan show (Plymouth, Pontiac and Oldsmobile). That is on 07-22-10. It is going to be tight.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
They are talking about tops that go over a battery to make them look right, and they do make them to big. Just get the one you posted it will fit, its the same one I got. P.S. when it gets old and dies I'm going to cut the bottom out and put a mini battery inside :thumbsup:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Now to the trim shop.

Z bar in but no side to side movement felt. (no click)

Off to the trim shop this week.

Driveshaft will be here by Wednesday. By the way Mark Williams referred me to someone else since they don't play with A833 stuff. Nice guys who come to race at US66 here every now and then.

Stripe looks good. Darn thing looks almost neon from the other side of the shop!

Did I hit the exhaust extensions at the right length?

Will not be done in time for the show but like a good Cubs fan "there's always next year!"

Thanks for all your help guys.

I would not be where I am now without you.

Slainte :cheers:

sam z

Reaction score
Your car is looking good man. Nothing beats time, effort, patience, and most importantly....MONEY. Your hood stripe pic on page 5 looks great.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
What everybody else said! Doesn't that stripe make a difference on how the car looks? I know I'm glad I added them to my car.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Thanks.

I was apprehensive about those stripes, V21 AND the M31 belt moldings. Now I will run the dog dishes for a while and get down to the wheel man and get some 500's early next year or over the winter.

We played and played with the M31 belt molding to get them lined up. Finally it was "to heck with it" it is good enough. It never did go straight. The only solace was that none of the B body cars at the show last night that had the M31 were straight either.

The interior was originally a black bench seat with a 4 speed. Now it will be GTX black buckets with 4 speed non console.

I went to a show and snapped some pictures of the wire I was questioning in my earlier post.

Here is that post......."I bought the reverse harness which plugged into the tranny no problem. There are two male ends that are bare (they go upper row passenger side) and a plastic cased end for a third. Car is about 40 miles away so can't remember if that third one in the plastic connector is a male or female.

The plastic connector is the one I am questioning."

None of the B body stick cars I looked at had it attached. Only RRs there were 70's with automatics. The pictures are from a 68 Coronet RT Green and a 70 Superbee B5.

That connection is not connected either. What is it for?

Back