• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting a little excited

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I like the 383 pie tin on the 440!
I really enjoy hearing how the "pure stock" or whatever that group is that drag races "stock" musclecars
"musclecar drags"? Anyways, I like hearing what they did to modify but look stock - sneaky.....

meepbeep69

Reaction score
The H is for the 383.

I agree with your comment A-12 earlier about the guy with the 440 non 6 bbl winning the stock show. Not cool at all.

I about do backflips when I see a 68 Firebird show up at our local shows in 69 Trans Am colors.

I am a purist at heart. This car is in no way shape or form a pure car. Just a bucket of Mopar parts. But a good driver, show, local cruiser 3.91 rear, and it should do well if I go to the track. I live about 6 miles from Rte 66.

The 383 call out on the unsilenced air cleaner. Well.........I wanted the RR up there plus down the road a 383 will go back in place. I even struggled with the braided fuel line. Darn near bought an Edelbrock for a cleaner look.

Note the mount of the coil. The standard dual pump lines had to be modified but it fits.

The stripe. Although that is what it apparently had I am hesitant because of the blacked out hood.

The engine is still covered because the V21 goes on soon. So the moment of truth for the unsilenced air cleaner fitting still awaits. It has a Holley Street Dominator manifold. If it fits then the 70 valve covers come off and the 69's on. If not then I have to get a short air cleaner. No air grabber set up.

Throughout this you guys have been extremely helpful. My hats off to all of you.

My sincere and humble thanks.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
meepbeep69 said:
Not a 383 just the call outs. It is a somewhat healthy 440 but looking somewhat stock looking.

Yeah, nothing says "stock looking" like a pair of aluminum cylinder heads.... :lmao:

:jester:

:basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that first pics reminds me of ones I've seen of old WWll bomber bases in England. the bird is sure look'n good!

joewhite440

Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
The bird on the door. The end of the tunnel is in sight!!

And the old US 30 Dragstrip. Where the great ones run!

Nice

It will not be long now until you :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:

Jim S.

Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
The bird on the door. The end of the tunnel is in sight!!

And the old US 30 Dragstrip. Where the great ones run!
Looking good, and it's in the right location also. :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing. It ain't done 'till the decal Nazi gives his stamp of approval :jester:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Here's the one we followed.

Have another coming from Jamie at Megaparts. The driver side is running a little down hill.

But I am a rookie at this.

If off horribly let me know.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Shooting the hood black. Just had to set the lights in to see what hit looks like.

In a few days off to the trim shop for the headliner, door panels, carpeting and seatbelts. ( I hope Paul figures out the weird clips for the side rail.

Then driveshaft in.
Then hopefully it fires up.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
The unsilenced air cleaner fits with a little room to spare. The 70 style valve covers are coming off and the 69's on complete with the proper pcv valve.

440 with Holley 750 DP and Holley Street Dominator manifold it fits.

The original mast would be sticking through the hood though so a 1/4" 20 stock mast 3" will work.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
If anyone has a picture of the bulkhead in detail please link. I am a little confused on the light hook up for the trans reverse for the dash.

Graphic artist I am not but the black out and the reflective tape with RWL tires might not be too bad after all. :huh:

A12 and Roadcuda thanks. That and Stu had a green one with a vinyl top and stripe in the pictures he posted from a recent show.

For now it will have the sleeper look with the dog dish caps. Later I'd like to put the 68 style magnums on.

What do you think about the stripe that is?

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Here's the one we followed.

Have another coming from Jamie at Megaparts. The driver side is running a little down hill.

But I am a rookie at this.

If off horribly let me know.
This has my seal of approval.......and that goes a LONG way....... :yesnod:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
If anyone has a picture of the bulkhead in detail please link. I am a little confused on the light hook up for the trans reverse for the dash.

Graphic artist I am not but the black out and the reflective tape with RWL tires might not be too bad after all. :huh:

A12 and Roadcuda thanks. That and Stu had a green one with a vinyl top and stripe in the pictures he posted from a recent show.

For now it will have the sleeper look with the dog dish caps. Later I'd like to put the 68 style magnums on.

What do you think about the stripe that is?
Thumbs up on the hood stripes and the reflective stripe........ :thumbsup:

Back