• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting a little excited

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
"at that port is another that goes to another bulk head port which goes to the dash light"

That is the one I am missing. The tranny reverse kit has the connection at the tranny and long enough to make it to the bulkhead connector. I have the tab on the back of the tranny but not on the bell housing. The line has two male connectors that should go into c and d ports on the (windshield washer plug) I think. Then that pig tail is the one that should connect to the Z postion for the dash reverse light or am I all wet?

110 in Phoenix but it's a dry heat. Still remember sitting in my rental car one year out there. Yeah right my burning butt!
Casey My harness is Hemi only so disregard the pic. On my connector from the switch is a third wire that goes to Z. Do you have a short set of wires with a connector from C-D. If so that plugs into your reverse kit. After looking at your pics again that would be the connection. Now your saying there is no extra wire for the C to Z. Is that right?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Casey do you have a pic of the bulk head end of the reverse harness, it appears that you have bulk head pins on it. After a little more research the unused connector if its a single wire should come from the C bulk head pin and plug into a wire from Z which may still be on the old harness. If not you could make one. Here is where it gets weird there are two different reverse harnesses for wedge engine runners. 1967-68 up to 11-14-68 and 11-15-68 thru 70. Something tells me it has to do with that C-Z wire. You could call Year One tech support and ask, that's where I found the two harnesses

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Thanks Bob,

That must be what I am missing. That jumper from C to Z which is the connector the ones I pictured are missing as well. I will make one unless Year One has one and ready to go. The dash light wire runs to a female in the bulkhead at the Z spot.

Also now that the trim shop fellow told me I need a front window seal. He's checking for the front window but might not have one. Where are they to be had?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Thanks Bob,

That must be what I am missing. That jumper from C to Z which is the connector the ones I pictured are missing as well. I will make one unless Year One has one and ready to go. The dash light wire runs to a female in the bulkhead at the Z spot.

Also now that the trim shop fellow told me I need a front window seal. He's checking for the front window but might not have one. Where are they to be had?
If your talking windshield they are easy to find,if your going with tinted glass your local glass company will get the glass and gasket. If its clear AMD is the only source for clear.

Back