• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting a little excited

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Is the rear supposed to be that high?

There are no air shocks under there. And no mods just 15" wheels and tires.

When I was sitting in the trunk cleaning it up and putting the tail light and license light in it sure did not bounce much. Edelbrock shocks.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The only plug like that plugs into the starter harness, mind you they differ on hemi cars

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I'd say the stance is perfect, course I like'm high in the rear.
Can't help with the wires, mine are missing too. I think my '68 Charger had that plug, and IIRC it was for the Tach?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
I have been looking at the wiring diagram and wonder what triggers the reverse light on the dash?
Casey. The trigger is the switch, from the switch you should have a black and yellow wire to the bulk head port, at that port is another that goes to another bulk head port which goes to the dash light. The first bulk head port with 2 wires above goes to the rear bumper lights. The violet wire from the switch goes threw the bulk head turns white and goes to a radio connector, from there its a red and yellow wire to the fuse block for power. If your wire harness is screwed up you could just run the white wire to the fuse block. Make sure its a fuse that's hot when the ignition is in the on position which should be the far right one. Hope this helps

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I have been looking at page 3 of 9 the electrical reference section.

C and D are the ones at the top which I could be wrong about. C jumps to Z and triggers the dash reverse light when energized by the switch. When I installed the dash harness I pulled the female from an old harness that was in the Z slot to the reverse dash light. That is where it was and I assume is supposed to be.

May want to move this to the tech section.

The pictures with the empty or un plugged ( C jumping to Z) plug seem to tell me that although they (they guys at the show) were telling me that the light on the dash lights up for reverse it should not because it was not hooked up.

Or am I going to have another Homer Simpson moment? Kinda like when I started playing with the s clip for the headliner. "How's this here thing work? Oh, like that!"

meepbeep69

Reaction score
"at that port is another that goes to another bulk head port which goes to the dash light"

That is the one I am missing. The tranny reverse kit has the connection at the tranny and long enough to make it to the bulkhead connector. I have the tab on the back of the tranny but not on the bell housing. The line has two male connectors that should go into c and d ports on the (windshield washer plug) I think. Then that pig tail is the one that should connect to the Z postion for the dash reverse light or am I all wet?

110 in Phoenix but it's a dry heat. Still remember sitting in my rental car one year out there. Yeah right my burning butt!

mcmopar

Reaction score
Actually, the stance on the car is much too high in the rear compared to stock. What kind of springs are you running; stock, extra HD (Hemi and 440-6 BBL springs which were optional on 383 cars) or Super Stock?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Is the rear supposed to be that high?

There are no air shocks under there. And no mods just 15" wheels and tires.

When I was sitting in the trunk cleaning it up and putting the tail light and license light in it sure did not bounce much. Edelbrock shocks.
Until you get all the weight into the car don't worry about stance. Your shackles are probably straight up right now so the springs wont move.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Lets try this. The top two on the left go into the black plug. Do you have that?

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Lets try this

bob.....its only 116 degrees there......hows the lawn..a little brown now??...man i remember you mowing the lawn back in march.....thats like sticking your head in a oven....too hot

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
69hemibeep said:
Lets try this

bob.....its only 116 degrees there......hows the lawn..a little brown now??...man i remember you mowing the lawn back in march.....thats like sticking your head in a oven....too hot
No the lawn likes this stuff. Its a good thing my garage is air conditioned Casey has me running back and forth :lol: And to think I used to work in this shit all day with no a/c in the trucks. Took the car to a cruise in last night after sunset, it cooled off to 99 by 10pm :lol:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
george68hemirr said:
69hemibeep said:
Lets try this

No the lawn likes this stuff. Its a good thing my garage is air conditioned Casey has me running back and forth :lol: And to think I used to work in this shit all day with no a/c in the trucks. Took the car to a cruise in last night after sunset, it cooled off to 99 by 10pm :lol:
forgetaboutit.....too hot.....your ac must be on 24/7

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I just remember being in Phoenix for something work related. Cheated in some shorts time on a hot vinyl seat........NEVER EVER AGAIN! Dry heat my.... well you know!

meepbeep69

Reaction score
The springs I am not sure about. Count the number of leafs? Hey, I'm an old GM Nova kind of guy (first car) actually a Ventura II. Single leaf and loads of wheel hop.

Shocks are red edelbrocks with an accordian look back there. Interior is not in yet so maybe it will drop it a bit when it is in. I can say it only bounced a bit with my 215lbs in the trunk.

John,

I thought either mine was too high our your's too low or somewhere in the middle. All the while respecting I'm the rookie here. :worship:

Bob,
My wiring does not look anything like that. I have the same set up as the picture in 5a.jpg in the previouls picture. The upper left side is where the trans back up switch wire is supposed to go into the c and d (upper left side) ports like the green rt picture I posted 5a.jpg on the previous page.

Our reference section shows then that a wires jump from c to z which is the lowest left side connection on the bulkhead. (it does say console though but that should not matter)

I have studied the reference manual and after seeing the old under dash harness that I pulled parts from I thought I had it. The old harness had the original tag for the wire to the old back up light. The dash back up light was pittend so I got a repop but used the old nut. It was plugged into Z. I got in out and put it into the Z slot on the like new under dash harness and bulkhead.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm kickin back having a cold one or two, I'll look at this in more detail Monday

Back