How many of you are armed when you take out your Mopar?

Firearms and Shooting

1. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    To answer the OPs question , if you are going to carry you should carry all the time. Why? Because if you were to be involved in a shooting and a clever lawyer asks you how often you carry and your response is not very often..only when I feel threatened or go into a bad neighborhood you are not going to fair well. It will be inferred that when you are looking for trouble you carry.
    Carry everyday, if not on your person (highly recommended) in a Maxpedition bag or whatever you carry with you every day. That life threatening assault won't come when you expect it and you'll be happy if you are prepared when it does.

2. 69hemibeep

69hemibeep Sponge Bob Square Wheels

Sep 10, 2008
    I'm with mine daily one way or another.

3. mcmopar

mcmopar Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    :yeathat:

Just remember to not carry when going to certain locations (airports, federal, state, local gov't. buildings, etc.) Too many times people simple forget not to carry in those places because carrying is just a part of their normal "routine." Carrying should never become a "routine." You have to think about it every time you have a weapon on you. It is a big responsibility and carries a ton of consequences when you let your guard down. Drink responsibly? Carry even more so.

4. droptop

droptop Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Just know the laws in the state you are in. They vary from state to state and "I didn't know" is the worst answer you can give.

5. ACME A12

ACME A12 Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator Staff Member

Nov 4, 2008
    :yeathat:

6. Ranger

Ranger Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Just reviving an old thread because I am about to get my CCL. I bought a nice new carry gun and am still debating on when, where and if to carry. I live in a pretty rural area, but when I go into Chicago (which is very infrequent) I will definitely carry. That said, many interesting comments made and I like hearing the different points of view. Rocket made a very good point.

7. ACME A12

Nov 4, 2008
    Agreed, Rocket made an EXCELLENT POINT. If you make concealed carry a discretionary decision in your day to day life it could come back to seriously bite you in the ass. Either do it or don't do it. I travel a lot - and of course I do not carry at the airport. That has become a very conscious part of my carrying practice because I do it so frequently. However, if I'm not someplace that I had to fly to, in a gov't building, or in the pool, I have a firearm on me. Should I (God forbid) ever have to answer those questions from a lawyer I feel that I am adequately prepared.

8. Ranger

Ranger Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Of coarse you could always answer yes, even if you don't.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  9. ArmyInspector

ArmyInspector Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Hmmm, I'm always packing heat.

10. Russ69Runner

Russ69Runner Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Any weapon used to kill is considered a deadly weapon. You don't want to go in to court unless their was no way out of the situation that is you have to be in fear of your life. They always ask is their any thing else you could have done to remove the threat like leave.

11. a cook

a cook Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Never leave home without at least 2 pistols

12. halftrackman1

halftrackman1 Member

Jan 20, 2018
    I,ve had my gun permit for years now, I would not hurt a flee, but unless you want to hurt me.:thumbsup:Most all gun permit folks feel the same way. I carry a 357 Smith & Wesson airlite in my pocket always. But mopars are more fun than guns. I am a retired soldier.

13. ACME A12

Nov 4, 2008
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: