• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New (to me) Mopar

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That is the same kit I got for my 440 Valiant. Just got the hoses cut and crimped yesterday.

DSCN6171.jpg

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I stopped by the shop this afternoon and the engine was in. We got to talking and Richard asked if I had already ordered the A/C kit as we talked about it before or did I only have the bracket I brought him. Told him I had, it was sitting in the garage, and I was just waiting to get her back to install it. He told me if I brought it down, he'd put it in and include it in with the rest of the work, for no additional. He's considering putting one in his RR. How can I pass that up? Needless to say the A/C kit, heater core, and all are in the trunk of the Charger to get dropped off tomorrow.

image_zpswiw9luv2.jpg

image_zpsoal9nqtf.jpg

image_zpsb4c2phps.jpg

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
While waiting to get the RR back home, I ran across this sign. It's made like the big heavy steel RR sign. It's about 2 feet by 1 1/2 feet and weighs about 5lbs.

image_zps9dtovkar.jpg

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I'm hoping she'll be home in about another week. The only problem with the shop she's at is that he's a one man operation. He's the most knowledgable old school Mopar guy around this area, but being only one man makes it slow going. However; his philosophy is to do it right the first time, so he doesn't have to work on that issue again. Plus he services all the local police Chargers, so when they stop in, he handles those as a priority.

Side note..... I ran across a old 1969 Alabama license plate. I already have the current vintage plates on the RR and it would be a little bit of a hassle to take the old plate from 1969 to the DMV and get them to swap out the two. So, do I or don't I? Hmmm

image.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
in Ohio, you can run year vintage plates (I do). you have to buy Historic plates, and then take you're vintage plates to the BMV and register them, done for life.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I currently have vintage plates on the RR and they're also good forever... and it only cost me $1.25... just considering having an actual 1969 plate on the car.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Ct allows the use year of manufacture plates. We have to get either a regular or historic registration at the regular CT rates that are renewed every 2 years. Then you take the plates you want to use so they can check to make sure that the number is no longer in use, then you get to display that plate. And surprisingly for CT, there is no charge for this.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Ohio charges around $40 for the Historic plates, and you have to keep them in the car. You buy the year of manufacture plates on your own, and less than $10 to register them,and you can run them as long as you own the car.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I stopped by the shop to see where things were. The crank pulley that was on her was the wrong one and the prior owner put a handful of washers behind the pulleys to line everything up. Richard had a friend that said he had a pulley and it took him a couple weeks to bring it. He did, but it wasn't the right one. Richard k it's a guy that has a full car sitting at home that he's not done anything with in several years and it should have the correct pulley. Only thing, he can't get by there until Friday. I inquired about me going by after work and pulling it myself, but the guy works nights. Hopefully, he gets it Friday and it indeed the correct part. This is the hold up and I'm getting a little frustrated. I want it done right the first time, but dang.

1baddogg

Reaction score
Car shows at Fultondale Saturday evening Rainman if you get time to go . Im gonna head over there but without the RR since its in the body shop . But she is getting fixed is the good thing .

1baddogg

Reaction score
Im running a tag just like that one Rainman but its a walker county tag . 64 county . I found it from an old timer here for $ 20 , Im glad i was able to find it . Looks cool to me also with that year model . Its not hard to get it married to the car , They can change it at the courthouse . Cost me around $ 25 i believe . well worth it
I'm hoping she'll be home in about another week. The only problem with the shop she's at is that he's a one man operation. He's the most knowledgable old school Mopar guy around this area, but being only one man makes it slow going. However; his philosophy is to do it right the first time, so he doesn't have to work on that issue again. Plus he services all the local police Chargers, so when they stop in, he handles those as a priority.

Side note..... I ran across a old 1969 Alabama license plate. I already have the current vintage plates on the RR and it would be a little bit of a hassle to take the old plate from 1969 to the DMV and get them to swap out the two. So, do I or don't I? Hmmm

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Have a friend in from out of town, with something planned late this afternoon. Will have to see if we can make it up that way after.

rcdcfam

Reaction score
Let me know if you come up with the copy of the build sheet and window sticker, I would love to have one for my RR if available.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
While waiting for the shop to get the correct pulleys, I rebuilt the carb. Part of the backfiring appears to have been from a bad accelerator pump in the carb and where the leak was coming from. Dropped it off yesterday afternoon and Richard said his buddy was supposed to have come by with the pulleys, but hadn't yet. Hopefully he will today.

Back