• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New (to me) Mopar

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Got the correct pulleys, so now we should get it finished up and back on the road in the near future.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I stopped by this afternoon and Richard was starting on the A/C. With any luck, I'll be driving her Memorial Day.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I stopped by today and the compressor is on, all pulleys and belts in place, and she runs smooth. However, I'm not too confident in getting her back this week. :frown:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
No joke... Once I get her back, I may need new tires before the year is over as I may burn the roads up. Then I'll see about those Chrysler Road/Magnum 500 Wheels (15X8).

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Stopped by this afternoon and the old heater box is out, the new one in, the old "flavo flav" looking tach is out, all the other parts are out and in line to go in. One problem us the AC compressor doesn't appear to be able to be clocked 90 degrees, which allows the air cleaner to barely clear. I've got a call in to Classic Air about it and I'm missing a block off plate for the firewall. Hopefully the compressor can be clocked 90 degrees or I've got to go with the smaller air filter.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I called Classic Auto Air today and received good news X2.... They have the bracket in stock and it should be mailed out tomorrow. I asked about the compressor and the warning tag attached. It does not have to be straight up at 12 o'clock. It can be positioned at 3, 12, or 9 and it's fine. If you turn it to 6, the oil will run into the hoses and bleed out causing failure. Bottom line, there's clearance with it clocked to 9 degrees, so I can fit the large air cleaner. :)

Last edited:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Classic Auto Air did just what they said as I received the missing firewall block off plate late yesterday afternoon. With any luck, she'll be back home in my garage soon.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Stopped by this afternoon and Richard has made a good deal of progress. He also straightened the frame rail the radiator sits on. Somewhere in the RR's life it was bent as the radiator sat about an inch above the frame rail. It now sits just below it, in its factory holes and the new fan shroud fits with no clearance issues. Fingers crossed that she'll be back home shortly.

Last edited:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Here are a few current pics. She's getting new plug wires, the wiring will be tightened up along with the hoses being re-routed so they're out if the way.

image_zps3n7qdmpi.jpg

image_zpsgvsmy1cy.jpg

image_zpskpphegqz.jpg

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Stopped by this afternoon and she's got cold air blowing and the wiring along the driver fender has been tightened up. With any luck she'll be buttoned up and I'll be driving her this weekend. Fingers crossed.

1baddogg

Reaction score
When she's ready you need to bring it to the car show at the Jasper mall , first Saturday evening of the month July 2nd . 5 pm til 8pm. We always have a good turnout , and I wont be the only Roadrunner there.. Fultondale is this weekend but not sure if I will make that one this month . Got mine finished last month again after the wreck 13419136_10209142516347451_3431388188077714263_n.jpg

13419136_10209142516347451_3431388188077714263_n.jpg

Back