• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Decoding A14 Road Runner

SuperStockDodge

Reaction score
Finally got my 69 RR, but I need some help decoding it. I keep confusing myself on it. For one thing I think that since it was a Spring Edition car it had stripes, they came in red or white reflective. Do the codes tell you which ones came on it. I would prefer red on the black but if it came with white I might do that. Here are the codes:

N96 R11 V1X V21 V6R END
A04 A14 633 J25 M21 M31
X9 X9 H2X X9 625 141807
E63 D32 RM23 H96 297XXX

Right now it is triple black with the vinyl top but no flat black hood stripes on the air grabber, the vents are red, and it has cheesy red pinstripe tape on it. I will post some pics in a bit.

Thanks in advance guys,

SuperStockDodge aka Byron

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Great looking car!

I believe V6R is the red stripe, but I'll defer to the guys that know more about that stuff than I do.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Nice! Looks like the red sport stripes and black hood paint also V6R and V21 :thumbsup: V7 would indicate the optional standard side stripe so you got the good ones

droptop

Reaction score
V21 is the performance hood treatment. And I believe the V6R would be the red reflective wide sport stripe. That is a great color combination.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SuperStockDodge said:
Finally got my 69 RR, but I need some help decoding it. I keep confusing myself on it. For one thing I think that since it was a Spring Edition car it had stripes, they came in red or white reflective. Do the codes tell you which ones came on it. I would prefer red on the black but if it came with white I might do that. Here are the codes:

N96 R11 V1X V21 V6R END
A04 A14 633 J25 M21 M31
X9 X9 H2X X9 625 141807
E63 D32 RM23 H96 297XXX

Right now it is triple black with the vinyl top but no flat black hood stripes on the air grabber, the vents are red, and it has cheesy red pinstripe tape on it. I will post some pics in a bit.

Thanks in advance guys,

SuperStockDodge aka Byron

Byron, sounds like a very interesting RR. BTW, the fourth group of codes on the first line is "H9G", not "H96". Here is how the whole thing breaks down:

RM23: Plymouth Belvedere, Satellite
Medium, Road Runner
2 Door Hardtop

H9G: 383 330HP OR 335HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
St. Louis, MO, USA (Plant)

297XXX: Sequence number

E63: 383 cid 4 barrel V8 H.P. 335hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
X9: Black Exterior Color
H2X: Trim - High, Vinyl Bench Seat, Black
X9: Black Int. Door Frames
625: Build Date: June 25
141807: Order number

A04: Basic Radio Group
A14: 69 only Chrysler/Plymouth Spring Special w/ vinyl top
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
J25: 3 Speed Wipers
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M31: Belt Moldings

N96: Fresh Air Hood
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V1X: Full Vinyl Top - Black
V21: Performance Hood Treatment
V6R: Longitudinal Stripes, Red
END: End of Sales Codes

SuperStockDodge

Reaction score
Acme, thanks for the complete break down and to everybody else thanks for the comments!

Should this car have a fan shroud btw?

Also, are the Belt Moldings the stainless along the bottom of these cars, if so I am missing that...

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The belt moldings run along the bottom of the side windows. It looks like they are present.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your pictures made me go to the In-N-Out website... I DID NOT KNOW THAT THEY HAD BEGUN TO OPEN RESTAURANTS IN TEXAS! 2011 according to the website. I usually go there when I'm in SoCal or Lost Wages, but I also get out to TX ocassionally so this is good news to me.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

:jester:

SuperStockDodge

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Your pictures made me go to the In-N-Out website... I DID NOT KNOW THAT THEY HAD BEGUN TO OPEN RESTAURANTS IN TEXAS! 2011 according to the website. I usually go there when I'm in SoCal or Lost Wages, but I also get out to TX ocassionally so this is good news to me.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

:jester:

They have done very well out here and are still expanding. I would hit one every time I would go to the LA Roadster Show or Grand National (AMBER show), now I don't have to wait as long between my fixes!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That is a great lookin' Black beauty! Am I correct in saying that the hood treatment is not on this car? I think that would finish off the look of the car if you put it back on again.

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
SuperStockDodge said:
Acme, thanks for the complete break down and to everybody else thanks for the comments!

Should this car have a fan shroud btw?

Also, are the Belt Moldings the stainless along the bottom of these cars, if so I am missing that...
If it has a 26" radiator it will have a fan shroud. I don't know for sure about the 22" radiators?

A31PKG

Reaction score
I do not believe that Runners or Bees with the 22" radiator got a fan shroud from the factory. Could be wrong....

Back