• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member!!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nickd said:
Hey acme a12 I don't know how long ago that was but goodfellow is still here.:) I drive by it everyday on the way home. They just had there annual car show at the goodfellow rec camp last week. Lots of times it is for the "toys for tots program".....good stuff for sure.:)
I was in the Air Force also...my last duty station was Dyes AFB in Abilene TX where I got out in 1985 (showing my age.LOL). They tried to recruit me for "intelligence" after I took my ASFAB test <hope that is the right acronym..but I stayed with Aircraft maintenance. C130 Hercules Turbo Prop Mechanic.
Thanks for the reply.:)

I was there in 1986. My favorite thing about living there was all of the neat places to go 4X4ing. I had a nasty Duster 340 and a D150 4X4 when I was stationed there. Didn't seem to be a lot of hot street cars around at the time...but there was no shortage of people to go 4-wheeling with...

You were very close - it was the ASVAB.

Nickd

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks again.;)

MoparChris the Charger is an original 440 car single 4 barrel. I did register it on the 1970 Charger registry so that at least the VIN is on record.:) I see alot off post by you and you look like the guy to go to for engine building tips.:) Great stuff on your posts.:)

Acme a12 There are still alot of 4x4's and I have one also but I have not or do I know where all the trails are. I am more of a fisherman than rock crawler.LOL This place is alot different than when you were here in 1986...grown alot. I have been here since 1998. Great town but very hot and dusty but for someone who wants to send there kid to a good college/university this is the place. San Angelo State under Texas Tech.

Nick

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome from Orlando, Nick. Nice looking Satellite and you can't argue with a nice Charger project.

Nickd

Reaction score
Hey mcmopar that Charger project has been ongoing since 1986.:( I don't have a clue when I will get to really work on it I have to learn some welding skills.:) I bought it in 1983 and it was my daily driver until 1986 after that it is a long story.LOL I bought the Satellite to scratch that itch to have a hotrod and it took me a little over a year to get it roadworthy worked on it almost everyday ..... it was worth it though.:) I am planning a big block build with a 4 speed soon.:)
Anyway I am glad all you guys like what you see and again thanks for the compliments.

Nick

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Nickd said:
I bought it in 1983 and it was my daily driver until 1986 after that it is a long story.LOL

Nick

that's OK, we've got PLENTY of... :popcorn: :cheers:

Nickd

Reaction score
Hey guys I found another pic you may like....I know how pic hungry you guys are.:) This was taken a few years ago where I work. I was outnumbered by the bow tie crowd but no fear here.:) All good!!!

Hope you enjoy it.

As far as you guys eating popcorn you are going to get FAT!!!LOL

Nick

DSCN0347b.JPG

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Nickd said:
I was outnumbered by the bow tie crowd but no fear here.:) All good!!!

Looks like you fit right in with that chebbie hood... :basketcase:

:lol: :acme: :lol:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Nickd said:
I was outnumbered by the bow tie crowd but no fear here.:) All good!!!

Looks like you fit right in with that chebbie hood... :basketcase:

:lol: :acme: :lol:

:jester:
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, he thinks he's funny. :basketcase: :leave:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, he thinks he's funny. :basketcase: :leave:

:toetap:

Did I mention the recent rate increase at Chateau ACME??? It is NOW a very expensive place to stay...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
Cool deal Nick. It's funny how are most loyal cars can take a back seat while we pursue other ventures. I have a 68 Dart that I bought when I was 14. It's going on 15 years for its rebuild. :facepalm:

Back