• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
Nickd said:
I was outnumbered by the bow tie crowd but no fear here.:) All good!!!

Looks like you fit right in with that chebbie hood... :basketcase:

:lol: :acme: :lol:

:jester:
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, he thinks he's funny. :basketcase: :leave:

and he's goit how many "Chebbies" of his own in the garage......not counting the newly added "Ferds"..... :acme: :acme: :acme:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Cool deal Nick. It's funny how are most loyal cars can take a back seat while we pursue other ventures. I have a 68 Dart that I bought when I was 14. It's going on 15 years for its rebuild. :facepalm:

:yesnod:

My red 340 Duster hasn't been driven since 1989... :leave:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
and he's goit how many "Chebbies" of his own in the garage......not counting the newly added "Ferds"..... :acme: :acme: :acme:

Guilty. And there would be an AMC out in the garage also if I found the right deal on a Red, White, & Blue '70 Machine. But I don't mix and match different makes... :stuckup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Guilty. And there would be an AMC out in the garage also if I found the right deal on a Red, White, & Blue '70 Machine. :

there would be a '68-'69 Javelin in mine, if I had the $ and more yard to expand the garage.

Nickd

Reaction score
WOW I think ACME A12 gave me a bloody nose with that remark.:) But it's whats under the hood that counts.:) To bad that duster is not running. My Dad had a duster when I was in High School color was maroon sorta he got it for my sister she didn't drive it long so he sold it. My first car I bought was a 1970 American motors Hornet with a 3 in the tree it was a great car to learn to drive a stick.

You are right MoparChris funny how things happen. But I can't complain I still have a great Plymouth.:) Beats walking for sure. I have never owned a chevy just never had any desire to own one....they do make some really cool cars....I rode in one once.:)

I am willing to trade hoods.........(six pack). I actually do have the original hood but the air cleaner is to tall so I have not put it on. The originally color was Honey Bronze so it may look funny.:)

Here are a few more pics....my engine....my new ride....and something I used to work on.:)

Thanks for the feedback it's cool.:)

Nick

100_0495a.JPG

100_0464a.JPG

100_0338a.JPG

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
don't worry about Acme Nick,we do our best to keep him in line...... :jester:
If you were wanting a stock '69 air cleaner, complete with the road runner pie pan so you can use your factory hood, let me know. I'll be selling mine since I got a Coyote Duster.
and I love the PreWWll paint job on the plane :thumbsup:

Nickd

Reaction score
Basketcase that was taken at NAS Corpus Christi TX . I worked there twice once when I was in my 20's and then my early 40's and basically the same airplanes.:) They did this to celebrate WWII pacific theater. It really looked great in real life.:) They did 2 other airplanes a 90 series and a T34 single engine. Unfortunately I did not get pictures of those.:(

No worries here it is all in good fun until someone loses an eye but that hood has to go.LOL Nothing time and money to remedy that situation.:)

I actually have an air grabber type air cleaner but it is chrome and I am trying to figure out how to safely remove the chrome and that is what I want to use...but thanks for the offer.:)
It is not just the air cleaner as you can see it is a high rise manifold so that doesn't help.LOL

I also have some engine upgrades planned just haven't decided which way to go yet.

Thanks again.

Nick

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
[quote="Nickd"

No worries here it is all in good fun until someone loses an eye but that hood has to go.LOL Nothing time and money to remedy that situation.:)

Nick[/quote]

yeah, all good fun, and everyone gets it here. just good ol ball busting. But we did have one new guy get offened and leave....and IIRC, Acme was the cause of that one.... :basketcase:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Nickd said:

Nick

yeah, all good fun, and everyone gets it here. just good ol ball busting.
No bloody nose, Nick, just a sharp poke in the ribs. :lol: I use A LOT of smilies to indicate that I am just playing around. Most everyone does the same. All of the regulars here have a great sense of humor and everybody takes their turn in the barrel. Unless of course you buy a new BOSS 302 Mustang and then you have to take everyone else's turn in the barrel for four freakin' months... :basketcase:

Basketcase said:
But we did have one new guy get offened and leave....and IIRC, Acme was the cause of that one.... :basketcase:
I trust you are referring to the kid looking to sell his grandpa's Hemi RR for a million dollars. I was perhaps a bit more vocal in calling him out than others...but I didn't post anything that you guys weren't already thinking yourselves... :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:huh: we didn't have to, we knew you'd take care of him.... :lmao:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Guilty. And there would be an AMC out in the garage also if I found the right deal on a Red, White, & Blue '70 Machine. But I don't mix and match different makes... :stuckup:

do all your cars have optional T V 's on the fender or just the chevy's ?

Nickd

Reaction score
This is for Basketcase and Acme A12.....do you have pics of your cars I can see...are they in the pic section?? I noticed that Basketcase's pic to the left seems compact I would like to see it full view.:)

Thanks Guys

Nick

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Nick the car in my avatar isn't mine(but it's gonna look like that one). mine is in the shop getting new 1/4s. here's mine.

MultimedMA20630334-0001.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Nick the car in my avatar isn't mine(but it's gonna look like that one). mine is in the shop getting new 1/4s. here's mine.
Ya got any updates Dave?

Nickd

Reaction score
Hey basketcase (is it Dave?) I like the color yellow....ish not sure what it is called...like go mango vitamin c...etc. etc. you know what I mean.:) Any color can look great as long as it is done right.

Thanks

Nick

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
naw Steve, I haven't gone over for a while. Been on midnights, and with the cold and constant rain I haven't gone out of the house till time to go back to work.
Nick, yeah it's Dave. I THINK it was a 1970 color, not sure. I really liked the color, and several people(including me) wanted it to stay yellow, but the F8 just does it for me. One of the reasons I picked this car is it's an original F8 car. I haven't seen a color yet that these cars don't look good in.

Nickd

Reaction score
Hey Dave (basketcase) mine was originally Honey Brown now that's an "extreme" color.:)
I do like the green it goes good with black steelies.:)

Nick

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Nickd said:
This is for Basketcase and Acme A12.....do you have pics of your cars I can see...are they in the pic section?? I noticed that Basketcase's pic to the left seems compact I would like to see it full view.:)

Thanks Guys

Nick

Bob revived the "OK let's see your Runners" thread so you can see everyone's cars. There are also several threads in the pics forum that show everyone's cars - RRs and others. Most of the threads are a few years old so you have to do some scrolling to get to them but it's worth checking them out.

Back