• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member!!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Nickd said:
Not politically correct but more like financially correct I just don't have the money to paint all my cars the color I like.LOL

Nick
I hear ya, I cant afford the cars I would like nor do I have room for them unlike the rich Saudi oil baron in CA and Acme the hoarder in FL :cheers:
I think we all suffer from that problem. I always seem to find a car I wish I could buy, but know I can't.

Nickd

Reaction score
68hemibeep it seems like everything you do cost a bunch of money and everything starts at 300bucks.:) I am gathering parts for a 383 stroker build and it boggles the mind how much stuff cost. The hardest part though is finding a good machinist. Soooooo......many bowties out there.:(

Basketcase that is one sweet ride for sure....what size wheels and tires are on the back????

Thanks guys.:)

Nick

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Nickd said:
68hemibeep it seems like everything you do cost a bunch of money and everything starts at 300bucks.:) I am gathering parts for a 383 stroker build and it boggles the mind how much stuff cost. The hardest part though is finding a good machinist. Soooooo......many bowties out there.:(

Basketcase that is one sweet ride for sure....what size wheels and tires are on the back????

Nick
If you really want fleeced just say hemi :yesnod:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nickd said:

If you're going to build a "B" Stroker you might look at a 400 block. They're everywhere and the bores are already 4.34". Add a .030" overbore and a 4.25" crank and you're at 505 in a heartbeat... :thumbsup:

Nickd

Reaction score
Ray I already have the engine so it is a done deal...a 69 383. Problem is there is no hardcore mopar machine shops here....but they can do the work....just would prefer a mopar shop. I think it well be ok though.
I was checking out your car and was wondering what the width of those wheels are?? I had a set of torque thrust D's on at one time but I didn't like the backspacing on the rears. They were 15x8.5 with a 3.75 backspace plus the tire I chose seemed a little to tall and it was to tall on the rear for my liking.:( I am looking for 15x9 or 9.5 with a zero offset so I can fill up the wheel well. I don't think a 15x10 well work but that seems to be the norm on a 15" wheel. 17's have the 9 or 9.5 width but I don't know how that would look.

Thanks for the replies.

Nick

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
[quote="Nickd"

Nick[/quote]

If you mean my soon to be not yellow much longer my Cragars are 15X8s with not much back space.27560s. If you mean my buddy's white car I believe they are 15X8s too.Don't know the tire size.

Nickd

Reaction score
Yeah Basketcase I was asking about the white car.:)

Thanks

Nick

moparchris

Reaction score
Nick, I have my engines machined by a bow tie shop. It doesn't matter what make it is it needs to be machined right. As far as machining goes there are no special techniques specific to Mopar. I would find a machine shop that specializes in race motors to do your work. Go to the local dragstrip and ask around especially the faster cars.

Nickd

Reaction score
I agree on the machine shop thing it really doesn't matter as long as they have a good rep.:) Just need to make sure the block is good then I will get the rest of my parts. If the block is bad I have a 440 block also.:) If all fails I well have to get a V-10 and stuff it in there.LOL Just Kidding!!!!!;)

Nick

Back