• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No more Road for the Runner!

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Thank you guys, yes love the way your white bird looks!

That is for sure Russ lol feeling great to see the car moving in the right way of the resto process with the reassembling!
But have to take a brake for a few days because tomorrow I'll be in USA for the NATS.

Reaction score
I can only imagine what that car cost and costs to operate there! At least you don't have to deal with Belgian laws!!! Where are you at in France? I lived in Nimes for 10 years.

Reaction score
I know what you mean! I ran into a Belgian Corvette club at the corvette museum several years ago. They told me they were only allowed to drive these older vetted from dawn till dusk and that they had to buy permits to go out of town to car shows! Be glad you don't have to deal with that!
Are they still doing drag racing there?

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Back in the days we had to do kind of that too in France. But thanks we don't anymore.
Now we can drive it whenever we want but just for hobbies, we are not allowed to drive it to go to work.

Reaction score
I guess I didn't realize that... I lived there from 90 to 00 but I was serving in the Foreign Legion so I didn't worry about cars..

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Where are you from then? US?

During those years, old american were not known as they are nowadays. Even if now only corvette mustang camaro pontiac are the major part of american car here.

Reaction score
Yeah I'm from the US, and I know they weren't known well it was way too obvious when canal motor went to a Mopar show in the states and they kept talking about 440 6cyls in cars because they had no idea what a 6 pack was lol!

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Hello guys, we did a little more on the car.

The pedal assembly is in, tried the new brake master cylinder. Found out that the rod attached to master and brake pedal is too short, so the brake pedal sits too low. We have to machine a new one to fit and make the brake pedal at the right height. The rod is too short by only 5mm!
Progress in the car has stopped due to that. we can't put the heater box because we want to have maximum of clearance those bolts are difficult to rich on that brake assembly ^^

E-brake is in also, the cable has been cleaned and lubricated and now in place. We have a little doubt on how the cable is attached to the E-brake pedal assembly, can anyone help me out we that please (with a pic or something else)?

Else, like you know now, the car was a total wreck, even if the parts were new they figured it out how to mess them up! So we tried to put back in the headliner...

That was kind of a struggle!! It was cut too short at some point etc etc, and we did as best as we could to put it right. I'll take a pic, in comparison from how it was installed when we got the car and how we installed it there is a big gap! now it doesn't look as right as it should but we did our best and it is a way better!
I'll try to post a before and after pic to show the difference. :)

Yesterday, we were on the brake lines, cause yes new brake master cylinder involve new brake lines. The proportioning valve and distributor is inside the new master, so we have to delete the distributor fixed on the driver front rail. Now the lines will be attached directly up there at the brake mater. With the old lines and other tubes we "designed" the shape of the new lines. The front ones are done (for left and right brakes) tonight we have to finish the rear brake line so tomorrow or later we can go to a shop that will do the custom lines for us. So will go with complete new braking lines.

We have also made new fuel line and vents, my dad had the opportunity to make them with a friend of his. Now the fuel lines are in stainless steel from high quality.
He could have done the braking lines also, but he won't take the responsibility if anything happen with the brakes which seems pretty understandable.
So that is why we'll have to go to a braking line shop to have them made.

Thanks​

Last edited:

Steve

Reaction score
Back in the days we had to do kind of that too in France. But thanks we don't anymore.
Now we can drive it whenever we want but just for hobbies, we are not allowed to drive it to go to work.

Unbelievable you can't drive them to work......another good reason we chose to leave the shitty EU.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
check out the Factory Service Manual in the Tech section for the E Brake stuff

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Unbelievable you can't drive them to work......another good reason we chose to leave the shitty EU.

I agree! There is lot that we can't do on or with cars here!

I can tell you something funny if you want.
Here in France, if you are not at least 25 years old, you can't drive a new challenger or anything like that. Why? in fact yu can buy it if you have the fund, but you won't be able to insure it! Insurance company won't insure you because it is to powerful! What is a way more funny is that , as some I'm 23 (turned 24 in September 19th, coming soon ^^) anyway, my parents have a 2013 Ford Focus Flexfuel with 150hp. I can't drive it because I'm 23 so the insurance doesn't cover me! even if it is my parents's car! lol

But on the other they have no problem with letting me drive the bird with a way more horsepower and no electronic assistance lol! And when we bought the car I was 19 ahah!
Lets find the mistake here!

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Thanks Basket, I did that but there is no pic that show what I want or I didn't find it last time in the service manual. I will take a closer look and see if I can find something looking deeper into it tonight.

Reaction score

Here in France, if you are not at least 25 years old, you can't drive a new challenger or anything like that. Why? in fact yu can buy it if you have the fund, but you won't be able to insure it! Insurance company won't insure you because it is to powerful! What is a way more funny is that , as some I'm 23 (turned 24 in September 19th, coming soon ^^) anyway, my parents have a 2013 Ford Focus Flexfuel with 150hp. I can't drive it because I'm 23 so the insurance doesn't cover me! even if it is my parents's car! lol

But on the other they have no problem with letting me drive the bird with a way more horsepower and no electronic assistance lol! And when we bought the car I was 19 ahah!

Lol the problem started when Renault built the Spyder back in the 90's! A bunch of people bought them and were very pissed off when they found out they were required to wear helmets when driving them because they didn't have windshields! Lol!

Steve

Reaction score

LOL,yes I can believe that.My daily driver is a 2010 69bhp Ford Ka but it costs me £40 a year more to insure than my Runner.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that makes about as much sense as in The States, when you are 18 you can serve in the army and die for your country, vote for The President, but can't buy a beer.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You can get beer if your in the service at 18 if your on post. Now about the parking brake should be a spin on wish bone looking bracket. It has holes in it that affix to the pedal with a pin. It was a mother too get off on mine had to remove the hole assemble from the kick panel to get at it. I will see if I can find mine. Problem might have scraped it but don't think I did. Russ. :steering:

Back