• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Runner update

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ray. That brings up a question, I have an old red line as a spare and its an F70x15. Did the A12s and Hemis get the same tires? I gotta do some digging! 'Update' My broadcast sheet shows a tire code of U65 which is F70.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, and I am NO AUTHORITY, the A12 cars were the only cars that ever received the G70 15 Goodyear Redlines. Period. Which is why there has been no real push from the manufacturers to get these tires reproduced as there is such a limited market for them. The A12 guys that I have spoken with have all been forced to run the Firestone version if they wanted the correct size. From what I understand the U65 F70 15 Goodyear Redlines needed for your car are available from Kelsey Tire.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics as you progress with the build. That is going to be one sweet ride. Glad to read (in the powder coating thread) that you plan on driving it. That is after all what they were built for!
:jester:
Ray

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
You planing on having the car together for next summer?

found a sweet bed for the truck in Phoenix for only $175. Of course but the time I'd pay to have it shipped, I could find a cheaper one back here. Need to get Christmas done with anyway before I shop for stuff for the toys. Why is it you always find the good deals when there in the wrong part of the country or don't have the cash? :brickwall:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Why is it you always find the good deals when there in the wrong part of the country or don't have the cash? :brickwall:

Murphy's Law - The Mopar Version....
:yesnod:
Ray

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Uh, Dave, I always thought that toys, and Christmas, went together. At least I most always got toys then. So I say go for it! :jester:

John69RR

Reaction score
You've got to be getting anxious. Everyday is a step closer to having it back in your garage.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
John69RR said:
You've got to be getting anxious. Everyday is a step closer to having it back in your garage.
Its killing me. A short time ago the owner let the painter go and he is good, and hired a kid for less that can't paint worth a crap. I told the owner I was going to pull the car if thats all the better he do. He must have got tired of having to repaint everything that came out of the booth because he said the old painter is supposed to be back. I told him that kid doesnt touch my car! I had visions of a third shop! This is why I've been so quiet. Can't sleep, its a good thing I already drink or I would have taken that up! :cheers:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Uh, Dave, I always thought that toys, and Christmas, went together. At least I most always got toys then. So I say go for it! :jester:

yeah, but real life usually says that Daddy's toys come last......
found a beautiful stepside in california for only $450. I need to quit looking.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hemibeep, good for you telling this guy what for. I'm sure you're paying good money for the work on your car and you have every right to expect the best job possible. It's one thing to try and save money, but what good does it do for a shop owner paying someone less money, and who has less experience, only to have to do the job over again because of poor work. Stick to your guns. If that original painter dosen't come back, and even though it will drive you crazy to delay the work again, then pull the car out of there untill you find someone who will do it right.

And Basketcase, I know what you mean about not looking. I've seen a lot of 64 or 65 Barracudas lately with the 273, 4-speed combo which I'd like to have, and there was even a nice 70, 340 4-speed Duster at a good price I wish I could go look at. But like you I can't, and I don't think any of us will be able to stop looking.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
I've seen a lot of 64 or 65 Barracudas lately with the 273, 4-speed combo which I'd like to have, and there was even a nice 70, 340 4-speed Duster at a good price I wish I could go look at.

As a HUGE FAN of '70 340 Dusters (I have two - and another '70 /6 that wants to be a 340 car...) I'd love to know what that "good price" was...??? Just curious...and I have a friend who is looking for one if you're really not interested in the car...

Hemibeep - Just like Roadcuda stated: "Stick to your guns" - YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER!!!
:jester:
Ray

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 As a HUGE FAN of '70 340 Dusters (I have two - and another '70 /6 that [i said:
wants[/i] to be a 340 car...) I'd love to know what that "good price" was...??? Just curious...and I have a friend who is looking for one if you're really not interested in the car...

The car was on ebay as of last Sunday, listed at a dealer in Mass. for $11,444. It wasn't perfect, but from the pictures it looks to be a rust free car. The drivers seat is torn, and has some small dents in the roof. The only thing that might bother some is that the bright red paint on it now covers the original Limelight color. Even so, if I had funs available I would at least go look at it as it's at a dealer and about 2 1/4 hours away.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, you're definitely getting there... Won't be long before she's wearing glorious B5 robes...

:thumbsup:
Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Now they have no painter, and the fired the bodyman that was working on my car :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :brickwall: :brickwall:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Now the have no painter, and the fired the bodyman that was working on my car :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Wow. There's obviously more to this story that I don't know...but all I can say is that I feel for you...

:(
Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Well the owner was there today and he claimed the body guy was milking the job and the car is close to paint. He also said he has a painter coming in that worked for him before, and he did most of the award winners that came out of the shop? So I told him to finish blocking the car and I want at least one painted ahead of mine to look at. :toetap:

Back