• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Runner update

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Ahh.. and that would be the reason I don't like body shops...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big John said:
Ahh.. and that would be the reason I don't like body shops...
John, I'm getting to hate em! When I first looked around one of the so called high end resto shops looked like a sweat shop of illegals slinging bondo! Shops around here are dropping like flys and guys are jumping around.I can do anything but body and paint so here I are :popcorn:

Big John

Reaction score
I've done just enough body and paint work to tell you the I hate doing it.

Good bodymen/painters are getting harder to find and when you do, they are busy with other stuff. Same with resto shops... some are good, but some are just places to spend money and get garbage.

I had talked to a local painter about my car and everything sounded good until I saw an example of his work. It was a metallic blue Chevelle. Decent body work (at least on the surface) but the paint was terrible... yet some of the locals recommend him highly!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I can see mine being yellow for a long time...........

maybe you could hire the bodyman yourself?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Went to the body shop this morning and they were preping the bottom of the hood, trunk lid and all the small parts for paint today. And the car is ready also :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now THAT'S good news...!!! :thumbsup:

I had the guys that did my Chevelle come over on Saturday to take a look at my buddy's AAR...the quoted him a decent price...but it seemed like a higher price for potentially less work than was required on the 'bu... Must just be a "Cuda Thing" or an "E Body Thing"... These guys watch B-J too...and just want their piece of the pie I guess... :crazy:

Big John

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Now THAT'S good news...!!! :thumbsup:

I had the guys that did my Chevelle come over on Saturday to take a look at my buddy's AAR...the quoted him a decent price...but it seemed like a higher price for potentially less work than was required on the 'bu... Must just be a "Cuda Thing" or an "E Body Thing"... These guys watch B-J too...and just want their piece of the pie I guess... :crazy:

Sounds like they have an "E-Body tax" now. I'm not suprised.

Guys with Corvettes are used to the "Corvette tax" that everybody charges. For example, the same hotel gets an extra $10 for a room for Corvettes at Carlisle over the Mopars at Carlisle.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Went to the body shop this morning and they were preping the bottom of the hood, trunk lid and all the small parts for paint today. And the car is ready also :thumbsup:
That is good news! :thumbsup: Maybe you'll get it done yet this year!!!! :yesnod:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
wannarunner said:
what color?

Um, I can answer this one for hemibeep if that's okay...

That would be B5, Baby!!!

:banana: :jester: :banana:
Good to see the other sun belt boy has my back :thumbsup:

I took this 1 minute ago. Please send me both of your addresses. I'm headed to one of your houses in the morning. I'm going to give my wife the other address....... :thumbsup: :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I took this 1 minute ago. Please send me both of your addresses. I'm headed to one of your houses in the morning. I'm going to give my wife the other address....... :thumbsup: :lol:[/quote]

if you decide on Flordia, swing by Ohio. I've had enough. I'll start digging a path to the garage........

mcmopar

Reaction score
Well, we may not get the snow but it will be in the upper 20's tomorrow night so pack a jacket! I'm going out to do some survey work Thursday morning and wouldn't you know - its supposed to be the coldest night/morning so far this year. Oh well, next week will be better. :D

mac

What ?
Reaction score
:banana: :jester: :banana:[/quote]
Good to see the other sun belt boy has my back :thumbsup:[/quote]

I took this 1 minute ago. Please send me both of your addresses. I'm headed to one of your houses in the morning. I'm going to give my wife the other address....... :thumbsup: :lol:[/quote]

rent a van and pick me up. that looks the same at my house.

Back