• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Runner update

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
zupanj said:
Bob,

It sounds great. I hope your carbs come back soon. It's almost driving weather season for you, isn't it?

Jack :jester:
You got that right, I just went for a walk 8:25pm and 70* and thanks guys I cant wait to go for a spin. :beep:

I gotta figure out a "business-related" reason for a layover in Phoenix the next time I head out to SoCal so I can check that bad-boy out in person...:banana: :yesnod: :banana:

Bob, check to see if there are any "one day" courses offered at the Thunderbird School of Global Management... :lol:

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
zupanj said:
Bob,

It sounds great. I hope your carbs come back soon. It's almost driving weather season for you, isn't it?

Jack :jester:
You got that right, I just went for a walk 8:25pm and 70* and thanks guys I cant wait to go for a spin. :beep:

I gotta figure out a "business-related" reason for a layover in Phoenix the next time I head out to SoCal so I can check that bad-boy out in person...:banana: :yesnod: :banana:

Bob, check to see if there are any "one day" courses offered at the Thunderbird School of Global Management... :lol:

ACME
That school is a mile or so away and has a great international PUB. What kind of course :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
That school is a mile or so away and has a great international PUB. What kind of course :lol:

Pick something easy...preferably food & beverage related... :lol:

What kind of condition was your wiring harness in? Did you have to make a lot of repairs or did you get lucky?

ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Pick something easy...preferably food & beverage related... :lol:

What kind of condition was your wiring harness in? Did you have to make a lot of repairs or did you get lucky?

ACME
Thats funny. I replaced the engine and front light harnesses the rest were in great shape :banana:

John69RR

Reaction score
Congratulations Bob. That car looks and sounds awesome. :cheers: :thumbsup: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Got the alignment done today and took her around the block a few times :party: :party:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Sweet! I was mistaken - those aren't Rallye's but rather cop car wheels. She looks great! How's it running?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Sweet! I was mistaken - those aren't Rallye's but rather cop car wheels. She looks great! How's it running?
I need to adjust the clutch so it shifts better, and it doesn't run very well with this temporary carb, but it was fun to get behind the wheel

Jim S.

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Got the alignment done today and took her around the block a few times :party: :party:
Really looks great all put together and out of the garage. Now about that decal.........

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That looks great Bob! :worship: :beep: After all that hard work it must have felt great to have the car actually move down the road!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
just got off the phone with the travel agent(been on stand by for months now) my plane lands tomorrow morning 6am your time. I'll be knocking on your door shortly there after. After breakfast we can go for my ride! :drive: :drive: :drive:

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: That bird looks sweet Bob! :beep: :beep: :beep:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
just got off the phone with the travel agent(been on stand by for months now) my plane lands tomorrow morning 6am your time. I'll be knocking on your door shortly there after. After breakfast we can go for my ride! :drive: :drive: :drive:

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: That bird looks sweet Bob! :beep: :beep: :beep:
Its 5am and breakfast is cooking Dave :party:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
69hemibeep said:
Really looks great all put together and out of the garage. Now about that decal.........
That's as close as it gets deputy Fife :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
You must have felt like a million bucks getting that thing out on the road...!!! :thumbsup:

Looks like the rear springs have settled in some too - she's not sitting with her bum too high in the air now... Once you get your carbs back and get your F70's mounted the long journey should just about be completed, right?

Really, really nice job, Bob. You should take great pride in what you have done here. :thumbsup:

:banana: :beep: :banana: :beep: :banana:

ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
You must have felt like a million bucks getting that thing out on the road...!!! :thumbsup:

Looks like the rear springs have settled in some too - she's not sitting with her bum too high in the air now... Once you get your carbs back and get your F70's mounted the long journey should just about be completed, right?

Really, really nice job, Bob. You should take great pride in what you have done here. :thumbsup:

:banana: :beep: :banana: :beep: :banana:

ACME
Ray, it does feel good, and I'm almost finished stimulating the economy :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
We thank you for all that you have done to restore the economy... :D You managed to finish your car and no companies had to be taken over in the process...you'd get my vote... :banana:

The new avatar is nice too, BTW...but my personal favorite will always be the one with the casters bolted under her... :lol:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The car looks fantastic!! :drool:

I'm gonna do some admin magic with this thread and we'll have it as a restoration reference that will be easy to find. This thread won't change, but its copy will get trimed down a bit. :thumbsup:

Back