• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stole this Pile! (1969 Road Runner)

railrider

Reaction score
I know there is a lot of nay saying about larger wheels right now, but here is what I bought. Tires will be here this week. :stuckup:

wheels1-1.jpg

railrider

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Looks good! :thumbsup: I like the creative use of the boxes. :acme:

lol, yeah I wasn't too serious about it. I hoe to have tires soon, and may mock up my suspension to mount them. :thumbsup:

railrider

Reaction score
Mounted my tires today by hand!(which sucks) Decided to try them on my Parts car since I don't have any suspension under my Road Runner!

wheels1-2-1.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that looks purty good actually.stlll like a llttle more sldewall.
and that;s a parts car? lt looks pretty decent.

railrider

Reaction score
Over 10" wide in the rear of tread on the ground, and just under 10" on the front. There is almost 2" in between the leaf spring and the tire, and about 1 1/2 room in between the quarter and the tire. Pretty happy with the fit. Won't need air shocks on this one, lol :banana:

railrider

Reaction score
Yeah its a parts car, already stripped it, and put the better sheet metal on my GTX. Interior will be used in my Road Chicken! :cheers:

wheels2-1.jpg

droptop

Reaction score
railrider said:
I know there is a lot of nay saying about larger wheels right now, but here is what I bought. Tires will be here this week. :stuckup:

wheels1-1.jpg

At least they have a good shine....

moparchris

Reaction score
It looks really good. I think the look of the cragars dispells the rap star look. I dont like big wheels usally because people have really shippy taste in wheels. You have a good look going. Dont tell Ray okay?

railrider

Reaction score
wheels1-2-1.jpg[/quote]

Trust me I don't like the "DONK" look, & I agree that larger wheels just for the sake of larger wheels is also a bad move. I have seen 15" wheels that looked bad on these cars too. I saw a car last week on ebay with a 14 x 6" Cragar on it all the way around. It looked like it had golf cart wheels on it. So everything has to be right for it to be look right. In my opinion anyway. lol I may also have a set of 15 x 7 Cop wheels around for back up too.

railrider

Reaction score
It doesn't look like much progress has been made, but I have still bee welding under the car, inside wheel houses, and also added those us tool sub frame connectors. I really like them. They weld to the floor, and the front and rear uni-bodies, and it does make the car pretty strong. I even tried jacking the car up[ in the very rear under the frame and the door gaps do not budge. I did the same before I added them and the gaps close up a little bit. I am not painting the bottom of the car because this is just going to be a driver type car. So I am just under coating it all. :yesnod:

Converting the car to a 4 speed and added the new AMD 4 speed hump!
roadrunner1-1.jpg

Welded in new front floor pans.

roadrunner3-1.jpg

New AMD full trunk pan and extensions.

roadrunner4.jpg

Had to buy a reinforcement patch for the striker area, worked really nice.
roadrunner5.jpg

Still some work to do in the door jam to quarter area, but it is coming along.

roadrunner6.jpg

railrider

Reaction score
P.S. If you like the sloppy factory type seam sealer let me know and I will let you in on my secret! Itys way cheaper too and more durable than 3M or any other brand out there! lol :huh:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
railrider said:
P.S. If you like the sloppy factory type seam sealer let me know and I will let you in on my secret! Itys way cheaper too and more durable than 3M or any other brand out there! lol :huh:
I'll bite, what did you use? And the car is coming along nicely :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
railrider said:
I'll bite, what did you use? And the car is coming along nicely :thumbsup:

X2.

Cragars look nice too. :cheers:

railrider

Reaction score
Liquid Nail Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive! I have been using it for years, and it takes a jack hammer to remove, holds up to exterior and interior, spreads nice if you want it to, and best of all its $2 a tube. Sounds silly but man its good stuff! lol :popcorn:

Back