• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Greek Roadrunner is finally here!

MoparDan

Reaction score
For engine parts I get a lot of my parts from 440source.com For body panels I only use AMD (autometaldirect.com). Other venders I use are Classic Industries and PG Classics. I will never use Year One again. I cancelled an order and they said they refunded the money but they didn't. They told me I had to contact my bank, I did and when my bank contacted them they lied and told the bank I received the parts. Now I'm out $75.00.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I pulled it out.
Negative on the Sure Grip.
Oh, so on line 2 there is a "S/G" missing?
No worries though.
I wanted taller gears with a 742 and bought
Even the marks were pretty well preserved.

rear.pngrear1.png
O

Last edited:

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Thank you! Yeah honestly I agree. But it feels horrible letting the car sit there rotting until I have the $$ required to get the engine rebuilt. I wanted to atleast get it running as safely as I can without a rebuild. I plan on rebuilding the carburator though, to make sure it gets a nice clean supply of fuel. In the meantime I'll jack it up and clean undercarriage rust. Until next year when I'm planning a full disassembly and blasting to start bodywork.

Thanks! I'll check it out!

I love how Rockauto has structured their website everything so neat and easy to find but they ship everything from different locations and shipping charges go through the roof. For the same order I had 250$ shipping from RockAuto and 120$ from SummitRacing. Plus I've heard very bad reviews for how they get every order wrong and especially from an international location returns would be such a drag.
I have ordered a heap of parts over the last 5 years or so, havent had any problems yet. The shipping is a bit high, but its still cheaper than trying to source parts locally for me, which are easily still 30-50% more, even after shipping.
Also, once you shop a few times, and have an ccount on the website, they will contact you when a supplier of theirs is having closout sale, and thats when you can buy a whole heap of oem stuff, usually small stuff like bolts, bushings, drum brake springs, you know - all the stuff thats impossible to find - super cheap. $50 will get you a box full of spares in these cases.

I have a few boes full of this kind of stuff. If you are ever looking for something, feel free to give me a yell.

kariverson

Reaction score
I have ordered a heap of parts over the last 5 years or so, havent had any problems yet. The shipping is a bit high, but its still cheaper than trying to source parts locally for me, which are easily still 30-50% more, even after shipping.
Also, once you shop a few times, and have an ccount on the website, they will contact you when a supplier of theirs is having closout sale, and thats when you can buy a whole heap of oem stuff, usually small stuff like bolts, bushings, drum brake springs, you know - all the stuff thats impossible to find - super cheap. $50 will get you a box full of spares in these cases.

I have a few boes full of this kind of stuff. If you are ever looking for something, feel free to give me a yell.
I will most likely end up making a small order from RockAuto anyway, since I couln't find everything on Classic Industries, like a gasket set.
Will do buddy thanks!

I raised the front today to change the dacades old blown front tires so I can move around the car when needed. I can't remove the tires from the rims myself for my life. They're extremely old and are pretty much stuckon the rim.
The lift points are in the worst condition of all the rails since they're right below the front floor boars so I chose to put the jack stands under the lower control arms. They're sturdy and it simulates the road load. Do you think I can leave it there for a couple of days until I find a shop to change my tires?
Later I will jack the rear also (maybe from the axle?) To start cleaning undercarriage rust, remove the gas tank etc.

IMG_20221022_132738.jpg

Last edited:

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Jack stand on the LCO not a problem.
You say can't remove "tires" ????
Do you mean "brake drums"?
I see the back tires on the ground.
You know about the left hand thread studs on the drivers side, correct?

kariverson

Reaction score
Jack stand on the LCO not a problem.
You say can't remove "tires" ????
Do you mean "brake drums"?
I see the back tires on the ground.
You know about the left hand thread studs on the drivers side, correct?
Sorry I should have explained better. I meant can't remove the tires from the rims, so I'll have a shop do it Monday. And I was wondering if it was ok to leave it like that and later with 4 jack stands for extended periods of time.

Last edited:

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Yes.
Some people actually say don't let a suspension "hang" for an extending period.
In other words, jack stands under the rear axle and LCAs are preferred to jack stands on the frame frame.
The car is supported on it normal points then.
I don't think either is a big issue really.
And since you probably will go through the suspension anyway, it's not important.
(Leaf spring fasteners should be tightened with the rubber bushings in the loaded position.)

quikbird

Reaction score
can stay on jackstands for quite a while. Bigger issue might be why is drivers wheel pointed one way and the other one pointed differently.
other recommendation, get stronger Jack stands. If I’m under the car, those make me nervous

kariverson

Reaction score
can stay on jackstands for quite a while. Bigger issue might be why is drivers wheel pointed one way and the other one pointed differently.
other recommendation, get stronger Jack stands. If I’m under the car, those make me nervous
I noticed that too. I don't think it was like that when it came here. I actually towed it to that place about a kilometer and it was rolling pretty well.
I wouldn't get under the car like that either! Not without a couple of cinder blocks and more stuff under there. But the jack stands look very sturdy to me, and specifically got ones with pins to be safer.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Use big blocks of wood under the frame rails. I never seen wood crush. I used 8x8 timbers and did not have a lift supported the car in four places on each side. The car was well over 16 inches off the ground so I could use a creeper to do my work.

MoparDan

Reaction score
I noticed that too. I don't think it was like that when it came here. I actually towed it to that place about a kilometer and it was rolling pretty well.
I wouldn't get under the car like that either! Not without a couple of cinder blocks and more stuff under there. But the jack stands look very sturdy to me, and specifically got ones with pins to be safer.
I would not use cinder blocks. They can easily break. Like Russ said use timbers, they are much stronger and short sections (around a foot ) are almost impossible to break. I use 6x6's

kariverson

Reaction score
Bigger issue might be why is drivers wheel pointed one way and the other one pointed differently.
So that turned out to be a visual trick of the phone camera! The wheels are parallel :p

Question, do I need to remove the K-Member and therefore the engine to remove the front suspension?

I was thinking of adding this front suspension rebuild kit to my order. And the rest of the front suspension, brush the rust, clean, rust convert and paint black.
IMG_20221026_175800.jpg

MoparDan

Reaction score
So that turned out to be a visual trick of the phone camera! The wheels are parallel :p

Question, do I need to remove the K-Member and therefore the engine to remove the front suspension?

I was thinking of adding this front suspension rebuild kit to my order. And the rest of the front suspension, brush the rust, clean, rust convert and paint black.
View attachment 36888
There is no need to remove the K-member to replace the front suspension. That looks like a nice kit, but I prefer to use Polyurethane bushings, They have a lot of advantages over rubber with the only disadvantage being that they transmit more road noise and vibration to the interior. Here's the kit I'm looking at.

Last edited:

quikbird

Reaction score
If you have something strong enough to hang the engine from, the member can be dropped out and cleaned up, painted etc. 4 bolts

kariverson

Reaction score
Hey guys what's up? I don't have any updates yet unfortunatelly. I've been working a lot lately to make a big order for parts on Black Friday. Parts to rebuild the suspension, the brakes etc.
I also need to install a reproduction dash vin tag. If you guys remember for some reason it was revined in '78-'79 even though body numbers, build sheet and engine have the right vin.
Found these rivets at a great price. They appear to be factory correct. What do you think?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134108661989

MoparDan

Reaction score
I'm not sure those rivets are correct. They are a flower shape and I think mine are round, I'll have to check, but mine is a 70. we need someone with a 69 to chime in. Russ is usually larking around somewhere, I'm sure he can answer the question. Who have you found to reproduce a VIN Tag? But then again I don't know the laws in Greece.

Last edited:

kariverson

Reaction score
I'm not sure those rivets are correct. They are a flower shape and I think mine are round, I'll have to check, but mine is a 70. we need someone with a 69 to chime in. Who have you found to reproduce a VIN Tag? But then again I don't know the laws in Greece.
I'm fairly certain that they are flower shaped on the 69s but I want to make sure.

This guy can make the VIN tag.
https://dataplates4u.com/

Well classic cars don't get registered here. (They are not free to move around either, only a couple Sundays a month and not very far) They get some certificate from a couple of official FIVA "clubs".
They normally would want to use the VIN that was on the import paperwork but I want to make my case with them to use the right VIN since I have all the proof.

kariverson

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Happy New Year! Best Wishes for 2023! I apologize for the lack of updates. I bought a lot of parts the roadrunner on Black Friday and shipping and import charges killed me so I've been working hard to not go under haha so nothing done to the car.

I did raise it up to see if it's a sure grip though. For some reason I could barely turn the wheel by hand at all but the little I turned it the other one turned in the same direction too so I guess it is a sure grip as it was advertised when I bought it.
By the way I love how the stock tinted glass looks at night! Gorgeous.

Last edited:

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
There is no need to remove the K-member to replace the front suspension. That looks like a nice kit, but I prefer to use Polyurethane bushings, They have a lot of advantages over rubber with the only disadvantage being that they transmit more road noise and vibration to the interior. Here's the kit I'm looking at.
[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

I agree on the polyurethan bushing for MOST things.
But.........
This is over seas and he needs "simple" for several reasons.
A kit from a known source maybe?
For example. I buy my "hard" stuff separate. I try and get Moog "Made in USA" for that.
Sometimes I even order from the local parts store and eyeball it when it comes in.
And I piece together the rest.
That kit you gave is not listed for a 69 and are you sure the seller is fool proof for fit?
I can't.
If you can, fine.
But I still don't see the strut rod bushing in it.
I have yet to use poly strut rod bushings.
It doesn't have any compression.
I always use rubber for that.
It WILL compress as needed.
And I wonder if his "sleeves" are reusable.
The bushings don't come with them it seems......................
http://www.heritech.org/cuda/bushings.html
The Classic kit has something though.
Rubber?
I try and buy stuff from MOPAR people as much as possible.
Ebooger is a good source, IF he has it.
His stuff will always be right.
But again, overseas??????
https://www.ebay.com/str/ricksmopars
On top of all that the poly can be more difficulty to install.
Did a 69 Barracuda a few years ago that gave me fits.
The poly squirted out of the bushings when pressing it together.
Last poly UCA I got were not a simple drop in. They had to be assembled.
Summit Racing. IIRC.

Last edited:

kariverson

Reaction score
Hi guys what's up!
Now that the weather is good I finally jacked up the car to start disassembly. It is a sure grip, wheels both turn the same direction.

Now I tried to start the other day and I felt greatly overwhelmed. I was terrified of what's to come. Even considered putting it up for sale right there but that would sadden me so much, I adore the car.
Do you have any advice on how to to process the amount of work it needs so I don't feel so overwhelmed?

Leaving it at a shop would be pretty expensive and I cannot afford it :/ Although I will do a tour and ask for more price quotes.

Back