• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheels

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Decisions, decisions....
Well, since your car is a '69, the actual "correct" Mag 500 wheel would be the one with the trim ring, not the all chrome 67/68 Mag 500 - if that makes a difference for you.
I have the all chrome 500's on my '68.
But, I am planning on going with the original deluxe wheel covers, yeah, the ones in the far right in the factory literature book provided earlier with either F70-14 Goodyear Speedways or white line radials.
Lately, I just have been more into the hubcaps/wheelcovers - call me crazy- but I like 'em :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Decisions, decisions....
Well, since your car is a '69, the actual "correct" Mag 500 wheel would be the one with the trim ring, not the all chrome 67/68 Mag 500 - if that makes a difference for you.
But, I am planning on going with the original deluxe wheel covers, yeah, the ones in the far right in the factory literature book provided earlier with either F70-14 Goodyear Speedways or white line radials.
Lately, I just have been more into the hubcaps/wheelcovers - call me crazy- but I like 'em :thumbsup:
I wouldn't call that crazy, I'd call that making your own statement about your car. It will be different from most of the other cars and there is nothing wrong with that! I say go for it and don't worry about what other people will say.

Collin

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Decisions, decisions....

Where are you going to find those wheel covers? I cant seem to find them anywhere just to reference what they would look like...

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Here's a pic from the reference section on this site....

[attachment=0:1men99f3]plf05[2].jpg[/attachment:1men99f3]

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
my car that burned up( or was that down? :huh: ) was T7. I found some on the frame. didn't think too much of it, and was gonna go green. Then I saw the car at the Nats that was freshly restored T7. Awsome color. gotta see it in person to get the full effect.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
[

I agree, Ray. T7 is a great color and if I had the $$$ I'd seriously consider having my car redone in T7 since the interior metal door panels are that particular color. I love the T series Bronze Metallic colors - especially with the hood stripes. A friend of mine back in the '80's had a T5 road runner with the hood stripes and it was a beautiful car. :drool:

tell you what I'll do my Green brother. My car needs redone anyway, and since I want green so bad I can taste it, I'll trade you mine, as much as I'd hate to loose the Post Car.

moparstuart

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
mcmopar said:
[

I agree, Ray. T7 is a great color and if I had the $$$ I'd seriously consider having my car redone in T7 since the interior metal door panels are that particular color. I love the T series Bronze Metallic colors - especially with the hood stripes. A friend of mine back in the '80's had a T5 road runner with the hood stripes and it was a beautiful car. :drool:

tell you what I'll do my Green brother. My car needs redone anyway, and since I want green so bad I can taste it, I'll trade you mine, as much as I'd hate to loose the Post Car.
roll down windows are so much better . :acme: :jester: and of course it must be RED

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Basketcase said:
mcmopar said:
[

roll down windows are so much better . :acme: :jester: and of course it must be RED

had one, checked it off the list.

Collin

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
my car that burned up( or was that down? :huh: ) was T7. I found some on the frame. didn't think too much of it, and was gonna go green. Then I saw the car at the Nats that was freshly restored T7. Awsome color. gotta see it in person to get the full effect.

Does anyone have some T7 pictures they could post for me?? The more the better and some with hood stripes would be excellent! Seen it on a charger at carlisle, not sure if its exactly the same? Any pics would help!!! Thanks!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Of course, one other option not mentioned would be a set of "recall" wheels.

beineke_72_mopar_jet_x_20_.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Big John said:
Of course, one other option not mentioned would be a set of "recall" wheels.

beineke_72_mopar_jet_x_20_.jpg

I never cared much for those. Keystones look sweet too :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
others correct me if I'm wrong. There were some repoted cases where there was cracking in the wheels, leading Chrysler to Recall them, and not sell them anymore. But some have had these wheels since new without anyproblems. But IIRC, someone is repoing the wheels. Don;t know the price, but I have seen originals go for more than I paid for my car......... :crazy:

moparstuart

Reaction score
Big John said:
Yea, there was some sort of safety problem with the W23 recall wheels. I think they were cracking around the lug holes, but I don't remember. They recalled them before the cars went on sale and were made by Kelsey Hayes. They've been repoping them for a few years now.

http://www.specialtywheel.com/wheel-showcase/mopar/mopar-warrior-wheel.html

Not cheap.
you really just needed to re torq them like any aluminun wheels made now , Lugs where loosening up and they then would break.

They kelsey hays also had an aftermarket set out at the same time , they did the same thing but just needed retorqing after driven a while and they were never recalled .

mcmopar

Reaction score
The Spyder wheel was very similar to those, too. I'd have tro dig up one of my old ads to see but I put all the old magazines in storage and can't get to them right now.

Back