• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where is your Bird from?

69rrvert

Reaction score
Ya know, it's been so long since I have messed with the Road Runner, I don't even know anymore. I did crank it up on Christmas Eve while at my parents house. Probably the first time in 3 months it's been started. Hopefully '09 will be better. Anyway, my uncle was the 2 owner of the car and sometime time around '80, he traded it to my dad for a '63 VW bug chassis to make a trike. The trike is long gone now. Needless to say, every time my uncle comes to visit he says that he can kick himself in the rear for ever getting rid of the car. Thanks - 69rrvert

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome 1BADBIRD!

Hey 69rrvert, there sure are a lot of Chevies listed in your signature...maybe you'd like to trade that rag top for a nasty Pro-Street Z-28...???

:jester:
Ray

coyoteduster

Reaction score
I don't know where ours was built. How do you get that info? I know it was sold by Imperial Chrysler in Edmonton. Dad speced it out & ordered it. New price was $3200.00.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
coyoteduster said:
I don't know where ours was built. How do you get that info? I know it was sold by Imperial Chrysler in Edmonton. Dad speced it out & ordered it. New price was $3200.00.
You'll find it in your VIN number in the 7th digit.
A Lynch Road, Detroit MI
B Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI
C Jefferson Ave. Detroit, MI
D Belvidere, IL
E Los Angles, CA
F Newark, DE
G St. Louis, MO
H New Stanton, PA
P Export
R Windsor, ONT. Canada

mcmopar

Reaction score
01-10-04RR001.jpg
Mine was built at the Lynch Road plant on Friday, May 16, 1969 and delivered to its 1st owner in Flushing, N.Y. shortly thereafter. The owner and his wife moved to Florida about 6 months later. He had a buddy who was a police officer up there and had gotten one so he modeled this car after his friend's car. IIRC the original selling price was $3683. I bought it the 1st time from the original owner in 1983 for $1400 cash. The second time around I paid $8000 for it. I am the 2nd and 7th owner. :banana:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:worship: :worship: :worship:

I LOVE that Green!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
as much as I've always liked black interior, the tan is perfect with the green.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
What size are your rear tires?
275/60R-15 on 15"x8" Magnum 500's

as much as I've always liked black interior, the tan is perfect with the green.
Yeah, me too. That's one of the reasons I wanted to get this car back when I sold my '71 Charger SE. Its got a great options list and the green and saddle/tan together is a great combination.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's the size I've got on the back of mine. What size are you running on the front John, 15s as well?

mcmopar

Reaction score
Yeah 235/70R-15's up front on 15"x7" Magnum 500's. The 235/70's are the same height (28") as the 275/60's which gives the car a balanced look and allows for the suspension to be set for a slight nose down attitude.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beautiful wheel/tire combo. Just looks right to me. I've always been a huge fan of the Road Wheels - especially the chromed ones...

:thumbsup:
Ray

Back