• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WooooHooooo

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
MarPar said:
You da man, Bob!!! Conflatulations!!! :party:

BTW...here's the perfect shirt for Acme!!! :acme: :acme: :jester:
It's even the right color!!! :lmao: :lmao:

http://www.zazzle.com/you_needa_corn_do ... 3133514510

We need to find a corn dog smiley!!!

right click...save...that'll be back. And lookie here, the mustard colored shirt doesn't cost extra......... :wedgie:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
So I get this phone call this morning, a rep from the Concours D' Elegance tells me she is with the field committee. She goes on to inform me that my entry was not invited to be in the show field that it is to be judged and that she was changing my entry to judged. I explained to her that I wanted to be able to wander and take in the whole event is the reason I entered as show. She said don't worry you will be able to see the judges as the work towards your entry. OK so now the pressure is on, should I start paint daubing :lol: Oh she said, I see there are three cars from Arizona coming, yours and two from the co owner of Russo and Steele has a Baldwin Motion Chevelle and some vert

moparstuart

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
MarPar said:

right click...save...that'll be back. And lookie here, the mustard colored shirt doesn't cost extra......... :wedgie:
i wouldnt , dont stress over it ,just enjoy yourself . I wonder how qualified are these snooty judges ,to judge a muscle car anyway .

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Basketcase said:
MarPar said:

i wouldnt , dont stress over it ,just enjoy yourself . I wonder how qualified are these snooty judges ,to judge a muscle car anyway .
I don't know, they do the muscle car field only so its hard to say what the knowledge base is :popcorn:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparstuart said:
I don't know, they do the muscle car field only so its hard to say what the knowledge base is :popcorn:

I'll make sure to wear my Blue RTS windbreaker...that way if any of the judges need confirmation on the correct finish on the license plate bracket spring I can jump in and you'll be covered... :thumbsup:

:banana: :lol: :banana:

:chill: Mr. HemiBeep; your car will hold up to any degree of scrutiny... :cheers:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
moparstuart said:

I'll make sure to wear my Blue RTS windbreaker...that way if any of the judges need confirmation on the correct finish on the license plate bracket spring I can jump in and you'll be covered... :thumbsup:

:banana: :lol: :banana:

:chill: Mr. HemiBeep; your car will hold up to any degree of scrutiny... :cheers:

Its all in fun, so the judge is a Chevy guy "Oh look he got engine paint all over the battery cable" I guess that's why they want you at your car. Nothing a 12 pack won't smooth over afterwards :lol:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I've never seen a chevy I would take over your car. Relax.......Don't stress....Your car is awesome..........

John69RR

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I've never seen a chevy I would take over your car. Relax.......Don't stress....Your car is awesome..........
X2 Your car made the show based on its appearence. I wouldn't start changing things now. Enjoy the experience. You've got a lot to be proud of. :thumbsup:

69B5

Reaction score
Good morning 69hemibeep
I agree with all the above
You and your car were selected because you have a great car, worthy of anyones scrutiny.
Don't defeat yourself before you even enter the show
I asked a judge once what it is he looks for in a car when they all look real good to me.
He said he looks for whats wrong, not what looks good.
Thats OK, but no judge or anyone else could ever make me feel inferior about my RR.
I restored it to as close to original as My budget and me could.
I've been over looked at many shows, not the caliber of the one your going to, but just the same, thats why my wife hates shows, because they tend to guage your car into a group that perhapes all that is wrong with your car as compared to others is that you put SS Cragers on it.
I say enjoy the adventure. And you will. It's a great honor to be invited.
69B5

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69B5 said:
as compared to others is that you put SS Cragers on it.
I say enjoy the adventure. And you will. It's a great honor to be invited.
69B5

and just what is wrong with Cragar SS? :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :jester:
Relax Sponge Bob, that beauty of yours will make'm all look bad. Just be sitting their beside it polishing your Best of Show trophy when the judges walk by.

moparchris

Reaction score
Dont sweat it Bob, I do believe a navy blue sport coat is in order. :stuckup: The last Concours I went to I drove a nice Hemi Coronet 4 speed for a friend. It was a very high end resto like yours, however we brought a variety of cars and the car that won the muscle car class was a Chevelle that we brought. It had so many things that were incorrect, which the most glaring was the BFG radials! Oh well it was a great day at the Trump Golf Course. Its real easy to tell when the judges are coming around, so your free to raom most of the day and look at some amazing restos of multi million dollar buggies. Of coarse you could always bring the Jeep instead and do donuts on the golf coarse! That would be fun. :devil:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
naw, I'd rather see a youtube of that Hemi beast with rooster tails out the back....... :drive: :eek:

69B5

Reaction score
Hey Basketcase.
Absolutly nothing wrong with Cagar SS
I have them on my RR
What I meant was that you could have a great car as 69hemibeep does and still get passed over because something on it was not stock. or the judge has a bug up his !@# about Mopars.
Ever go to a show sponsered by the Ford Lords?
Try to win with our Mopars at that one. lol
69B5

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
69B5 said:
Hey Basketcase.
I have them on my RR
What I meant was that you could have a great car as 69hemibeep does and still get passed over because something on it was not stock. or the judge has a bug up his !@# about Mopars.
69B5
Ford Lords :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
69B5 said:
Hey Basketcase.
I have them on my RR
69B5
Ford Lords :lol:
yes you cant go to a show around here where the judges are not wearing either a GM or Ford Hat . :jester: :jester: :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69B5 said:
Hey Basketcase.
I have them on my RR
69B5

just :acme: :acme: :acme: with you B5.. :D

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
69B5 said:
Hey Basketcase.
I have them on my RR
69B5

That's what team green does, B5 - they just torment us peaceful and passive blue guys...eventually you just get used to it... That's the main reason why HemiBeep and I hardly ever post on here... The clinical name for it is "blue persecution"...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:
69B5 said:
Hey Basketcase.
I have them on my RR
69B5

That's what team green does, B5 - they just torment us peaceful and passive blue guys...eventually you just get used to it... That's the main reason why HemiBeep and I hardly ever post on here... The clinical name for it is "blue persecution"...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

wow it's getting deep in here .
:wedgie:

69B5

Reaction score
I didn't realize the difference color made.
If the green team wants to pick on me, go right ahead.
I'm proud to be "Blue". Notice I didn't say proud to be part of the blue teem because I'm not sure if they will accept me into their fold. I've probably made a few mistakes as a new member. Some of which may have inadvertantly been against the blue teem. Sorry if I did.
Oh well. Can't go back.
The mystery car is still a mystery. But it will add another color.
You see what I mean about me making mistakes? There I go jumping posts. !@#$. And I promised I wouldn't do that.
If I keep this up, ole 69B5 may not be around long.
I better go and punish myself with a couple of beer.
69B5
PS: LMAO

Back