• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New (to me) Mopar

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
The supplier for the idler pulley us closed until Monday. They should have it to me by the end of next week. I'm going to go ahead and replace the fuel pump and tank sending unit and the guages that have been sitting on my work bench.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Do your self a favor and bench test the sending unit with an Ohm meter before you put it in and find it is out of adjustment. They just don't make good ones any more but you can get it close.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Just finished up with the gauges, replaced the cracked faceplate ($20 eBay score), and new steering wheel. Hindsight... wish I would have taken a couple before pics as I only have the ones when I first got her. It looks so much better with the "Flava-Flav" style tach off the top of the steering column and on the dash, where it belongs.

Before:
IMG_1531_zpskdvfuv97.jpg

Now:
image_zps2akilakg.jpg

image_zpsyrbab1iw.jpg

image_zpstjz5ym0z.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
lookin good :thumbsup: I've had two '69s with the factory tach, and neither worked. this one had a Sun tach in the trunk when I got it, and I put it back on the column. adds to the Day Two look I like.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Thank you..... I may have found why she wouldn't start the other day. The fuel pump bolts were loose. Maybe it wasn't seated properly for the level to be actuated. We'll see once the idler pulley comes in Thursday (just checked shipping status). Meanwhile, the replacement fuel pump can sit to the side as a backup.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I'm done with the Holley carb. Even after being rebuilt, it's leaking and causing the RR to not want to crank or run. I just ordered an Edlebrock 1805 650 cfm. I went with the manual choke vs electric. Summit had it, new gaskets and fuel rail in stock. Now I just have to clean up everything and get the new carb in.

image.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
never partially cared for holleys either, always like the AVS. this car has a Holley on it, and so far it's been fine. but if I ever need a new one it'll get a new AVS type.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Both are good carbs it comes down to what you are familiar with. If something is warped or leaking then new or new parts are good :yesnod:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Everything looks right with the Holley, but it apparently isn't. Looking back, I remember my dad having all kinds of issues with the Holley he had on the Chevelle.

I also got the idler pulley in, replaced on the bracket, and it's back in place. However, with the Holley carb in place I can't get her running.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
The old Holley carb is off and sitting in a box... possibly to be buried out in the woods behind the house in a shallow unmarked grave... Cleaned everything up, touched up the paint on the intake manifold, and taped it all off so nothing gets into the engine while the carb is off. Just waiting for the new carb to arrive to see about breathing life back into her.

Scott Falkner

Reaction score
nice bird.

I'm definitely not worried about what anyone says about the color. I have a Plum Crazy Pearl Charger as my daily driver that some people have made comments about and bottom line.... not their car and I don't care. I'm in touch with someone at Chrysler to see if I can get a dopy of the build sheet and window sticker.

What a beauty, congratulations.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Well..... Almost got the carb installed. It's on, linkage hooked up, vacuum line attached, but no fuel. The fuel rail will not fit due to a lobe on the intake manifold interfering with the line connection. Tried to go with just new fuel line straight to the carb inlet, but it wasn't long enough. They only had a 3 foot section at the local parts store. I called around an no one has any 3/8 fuel line. It's like there was a run on it or something. At any rate, I ordered a banjo fitting to redirect the fuel line down, enough new fuel line, and connectors. Just another hurdle to getting the RR on the road again.

Last edited:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Got the fuel line in and had a problem with the throttle linkage. I was able to track down a piece this morning to get it hooked up and running.

https://youtu.be/gXsITNZsRSo

New dash tach

https://youtu.be/u4WpatTOV2o

Now I cannot get the air grabber air cleaner to fit as it hits the wiper motor. I've trimmed the rear flange and it sit closer, but will not sit flush (only misses by a fraction). I may have to take the carb back off and put the spacer back on.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Edelbrock makes an air cleaner spacer. Unfortunately, there are no speed shops around and none of the local auto parts stores have one in stock. Ordered one and it should be here in a couple days. I hope this works as I'd prefer to have no spacer below the carb.

Back