• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Runner update

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Let's see.............. :huh: How can I keep my neighbors dog from barking............. :lmao: Who's thread is this? What were we talking about...........Nice mulie btw........ :cheers:
The Mulie was on the other thread :lmao:

mjoyner408

Reaction score
sweet build... is ok to still comment? if it is a full on thread shift sorry for getting back on track! :lmao:

...anyway, any updates other than the weather?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
You'll get used to the threads going everywhere. We do that.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mjoyner408 said:
sweet build... is ok to still comment? if it is a full on thread shift sorry for getting back on track! :lmao:

I'm going in today and have a look. The guy that took over the car is doing a nice job but he was side lined with a diabetes problem just before he was able to start shooting color! :popcorn:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
mjoyner408 said:

I'm going in today and have a look. The guy that took over the car is doing a nice job but he was side lined with a diabetes problem just before he was able to start shooting color! :popcorn:

This sounds engourageing, but seems to be par for course for you lately. At least this time it's a legitimate reason for not working on the car.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
69hemibeep said:
mjoyner408 said:

This sounds engourageing, but seems to be par for course for you lately. At least this time it's a legitimate reason for not working on the car.
Just my luck, the guy is in the hospital. Don't get me wrong, I do hope he is going to be ok. That still sounded self centered :leave:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
It is bad that he's in the hospital, but as a small business owner that shouldn't become your problem. :toetap:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
It is bad that he's in the hospital, but as a small business owner that shouldn't become your problem. :toetap:
In a way it does. He had four guys three weeks ago and with this one sick he is down to one. I have determined body men are either flakes or inhaled to much paint. The people that come and go are amazing. If I ever do another car I'll learn the trade! :toetap:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:
In a way it does. He had four guys three weeks ago and with this one sick he is down to one. I have determined body men are either flakes or inhaled to much paint. The people that come and go are amazing. If I ever do another car I'll learn the trade! :toetap:

Yep, body men are like that. They tend to be drunks too.

I had a guy paint an old Chrysler for me once. It was a cheapy enamel job on a car I bought from his brother. I went into his brother's shop and he was drunk... real drunk. I was helping mask the car and I never figured he would paint the car. I thought he would just go in the back of his shop and pass out like he usually did so I wasn't worried. I should have been.... He painted the car. It looked awful, like textured paint.

He had painted other cars for me, including my station wagon green Road Runner and did some good work, but this car was terrible. I needed a car and couldn't wait any more, so I just took it the way it was. The paint job was pretty much free and at least the car was one color.

He was a great guy and a good painter, but he drank himself to death.

mjoyner408

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

damn, diabetes huh... that is one that if you call bullshit and tell him to quit F'n around and get your stuff done and he is telling the truth you might go to hell! good luck! :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
You'll get used to the threads going everywhere. We do that.

:lmao:

I know that its only February...but this post is already up for "2009 Understatement of the Year" honors...

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
That is lookin' good Bob. How much more do they have to do?
They have to assemble the car to shoot the outside so they need to jam the body yet. He said it would be all blue next week, we shall see. Its nice to see color :yesnod:

Back