• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Runner update

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="ACME A12":8709ect7]
Don't you just love how the jacking instruction decals were placed on the cars with such loving attention to detail...? :lol:

:jester:
ACME
You know I was going to put it on verticaly, but thats how everyone at the shows do it. Here it is befor paint but in different light.

While you did great on the jacking instructions, it looks like you got the grease pencil marking just a little bit too level when you recreated it...I think we're gonna have to deduct a couple of points... :D

ACME[/quote:8709ect7]
Its funny you saw that. I wiped that off and changed it after I looked at the pics. I need some help I'm sick :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I got my stainless back from being polished, my daughter and I tried and it was to scrtched up. This stuff came out great, my buddy said to drop his name and get a price break, but I dont think the guy at the shop likes him :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm waiting on the bezel but the gauge cluster is finished, I found that Testers flouresent orange is a dead ringer for needle paint. I left the odometer at 16403 which is 116403 actual miles, I have an A box title which means the real milage of the vehicle is known.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I'm waiting on the bezel but the gauge cluster is finished, I found that Testers flouresent orange is a dead ringer for needle paint. I left the odometer at 16403 which is 116403 actual miles, I have an A box title which means the real milage of the vehicle is known.

Man, that thing is gonna be SWEET!!! :thumbsup:

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
You're screwed now buddy! That paint is gonna throw the weight and accuracy off on those gauges! You needed special speedometer needle paint! :haha:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
You're screwed now buddy! That paint is gonna throw the weight and accuracy off on those gauges! You needed special speedometer needle paint! :haha:

You weren't supposed to tell him until AFTER it was installed... :banana:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
have you sat down and figured out how much money your going to have in that bad boy.....i have to say shes going to be brand new sweet!!!!!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
have you sat down and figured out how much money your going to have in that bad boy.....i have to say shes going to be brand new sweet!!!!!!
George, I'm right at 40,000 on the resto and I have a few big ticket items yet like exhaust carb resto, those are going to Scott Smith real soon and carpet. The rest is small stuff that should'nt amount to much. I had a target of 50,000 and it looks like I'm in good shape. The cost of the car was minimal so there is no way I will be upside down

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: Sh-t, I wasnt going to post for two days and George sucked me in :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
george68hemirr said:
George, I'm right at 40,000 on the resto and I have a few big ticket items yet like exhaust carb resto, those are going to Scott Smith real soon and carpet. The rest is small stuff that should'nt amount to much. I had a target of 50,000 and it looks like I'm in good shape. The cost of the car was minimal so there is no way I will be upside down

Oh, you're in good shape all right at $50K...Nice!

Welcome back from your 2 day hiatus, BTW... :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :D

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
george68hemirr said:
So,,,you're building the car for yourself, and not lookin' to sell it for profit???????? No.....I'm not interested, even if I was I couldn't afford it. But I'll bet the wide valve covers would attract someone like,,,, say,,,JJ! :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
george68hemirr said:
Never ever EVER do that!
Chris, I cant help but to do it. I sold a rental and have scrounged every penny for this project. I estimated that number and didnt want to have to set the car aside do to money. Ive done that in the past and got disinterested and dropped the project. I'm by no means wealthy and the numbers may seem to be alot to some and not to others, but like Ray said in another thread, we have raised our families and are building our lost dreams. So I hope I dont come across as a snooty type, I'm a semi retired middle income car guy that can't afford to farm the car out for resto. By the way 50,000 is cheap, try building a Hemi alone. OH this is not all about your post Chris, it just started running out of my fingers after the first part :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
69hemibeep said:
george68hemirr said:
So,,,you're building the car for yourself, and not lookin' to sell it for profit???????? No.....I'm not interested, even if I was I couldn't afford it. But I'll bet the wide valve covers would attract someone like,,,, say,,,JJ! :jester:
Its not for sale I'm going to drive it like I stole it :jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
So,,,you're building the car for yourself, and not lookin' to sell it for profit???????? No.....I'm not interested, even if I was I couldn't afford it. But I'll bet the wide valve covers would attract someone like,,,, say,,,JJ! :jester:[/quote]
Its not for sale I'm going to drive it like I stole it :jester:[/quote]
That's what I like to hear! :thumbsup: :worship: :drive:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that the group here is going to have to invoke "Right of the First Drive", which is somewhat akin to "Right of the First Night" from back in Medieval Times (think "Braveheart")...and we're gonna drive it like we really stole it... :lmao:

Back