• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hoosier's Bird.........

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Got everything hooked up except carb, ignition and tach. I did turn it over tonight with the starter, which means I didn't toast the starter with the diesel fuel....... :banana: Going to my cabin tomorrow, be back saturday to finish the wiring and fire this bad boy up..... :party:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Got everything hooked up except carb, ignition and tach. I did turn it over tonight with the starter, which means I didn't toast the starter with the diesel fuel....... :banana: Going to my cabin tomorrow, be back saturday to finish the wiring and fire this bad boy up..... :party:

your going to leave us hanging like this......TO BE CONTINUED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Yeah, I can't stand it either...........I'm going to stay and get it running, I can mow later......... :lol:
You do have a camera crew :yesnod:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:
Yeah, I can't stand it either...........I'm going to stay and get it running, I can mow later......... :lol:
I'll see what I can do.........I want to make sure it doesn't self destruct before filming.......that may put me over the edge....... :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":1vb9ybn6]Yeah, I can't stand it either...........I'm going to stay and get it running, I can mow later......... :lol:
I'll see what I can do.........I want to make sure it doesn't self destruct before filming.......that may put me over the edge....... :lol:[/quote:1vb9ybn6]

:redx: :redx: :redx: (just make a video so we can hear the carnage as well :acme:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":z975k44p]Yeah, I can't stand it either...........I'm going to stay and get it running, I can mow later......... :lol:
I'll see what I can do.........I want to make sure it doesn't self destruct before filming.......that may put me over the edge....... :lol:[/quote:z975k44p]

My buddy filmed us firing up his fuel injected 383 Stroker in his '88 IROC last summer. After priming the oil pump I stabbed the dist in there just hoping to be close. Told him to turn it over so I could hear it and make some determination on where to proceed with my proposed initial dist timing set-up. I had it dead-nuts on because the second the starter engaged it roared to life. It made me jump backwards as it was thundering through open headers and caught me completely off guard. The whole thing was captured on video of course, so he has tormented me with it ever after... :lol:

:jester:
ACME - the fearless engine starter upper...

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Got her broke in. Fired up with the first hit on the key....... :banana: :banana: :banana: Ran it 20 minutes @ 2,000 rpm, idled it down and pulled her back in the barn..........if it runs down the road as good as it sounds I will be looking like this :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D gotta rerun the valves tomorrow, just to be sure. Hardest part was standing on my head running the wires under the dash for a couple of hours. I did a video with my cell phone but it was just too loud, it sounds all garbled.....I'm feeling good........... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Only thing that would make it better would be if Survivor was on tonight...... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
[quote="Hoosier Only thing that would make it better would be if Survivor was on tonight...... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:[/quote]

so you can say there is nothing good on TV so you have to go to the garage? :acme: Glad she fired off goog Gary!

Jim S.

Reaction score
Congratulations! This means I can start selling that book we were talking about. Good Job Colonel......Jim :cheers:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. My hard work payed off..........when that thing fired right up with those open headers, well........I think I will just throw that underwear away...... :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Great news Gary! :beep: :party: It must feel good after all that hard work. Now all you have to do is go drive it and beat the snot out of it and see how good a job you really did! :devil:

zupanj

Reaction score
Good for you. It's a great feeling when they fire, I just love it. Your hard work paid off handsomely. I never thought about open headers, that would have been fun.

Jack

:beep:

Back