• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Runner update

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big John said:
The car looks fantastic!! :drool:

I'm gonna do some admin magic with this thread and we'll have it as a restoration reference that will be easy to find. This thread won't change, but its copy will get trimed down a bit. :thumbsup:
It never belonged in general discussion anyway. :lol:

6T9Hemi

Reaction score
Bob,

Car looks good and will look great with the H wheels, caps and redlines. Now you can go down to Scottsdale Pavlions and hang with my old crew. There used to be another guy that hung out down there with a B5 4 speed Hemi Runner.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
6T9Hemi said:
Bob,

Car looks good and will look great with the H wheels, caps and redlines. Now you can go down to Scottsdale Pavlions and hang with my old crew. There used to be another guy that hung out down there with a B5 4 speed Hemi Runner.
Larry I bumped into him at Cruse Central and he has sold it since, every third weekend is still Mopar night over there. To the guys that don't know much about this show its been going on for many years sponsored buy the owner of a McDonalds. They start to gather around early afternoon until about 9pm but I went the Saturday of Barrett Jackson last year and if your not there buy 830am your not getting in. Larry over the last few years we have put together a cruse in that's every bit as big on the west side on most Saturday nights.

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Big John said:

I'm gonna do some admin magic with this thread and we'll have it as a restoration reference that will be easy to find. This thread won't change, but its copy will get trimed down a bit. :thumbsup:
just delete the thread , i'll come get the car ( i'll get it out of your way ) and it will be like it was never here . :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
Big John said:

just delete the thread , i'll come get the car ( i'll get it out of your way ) and it will be like it was never here . :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

You're a self-proclaimed "red guy"...remember, Stu-Rat...??? :lol:
If anyone is claiming that car it's gonna be the other fanatical B5 Freak on this site so you and the Agent Green Boys just keep your distance... :D

:jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
I'm gonna do some admin magic with this thread and we'll have it as a restoration reference that will be easy to find. This thread won't change, but its copy will get trimed down a bit. :thumbsup:[/quote]
It never belonged in general discussion anyway. :lol:[/quote]
just delete the thread , i'll come get the car ( i'll get it out of your way ) and it will be like it was never here . :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:[/quote]

You're a self-proclaimed "red guy"...remember, Stu-Rat...??? :lol:
If anyone is claiming that car it's gonna be the other fanatical B5 Freak on this site so you and the Agent Green Boys just keep your distance... :D

:jester:[/quote] blues ok if it has a hemi under the hood :jester: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
blues ok if it has a hemi under the hood :jester:

:toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

(Basketcase: pls ignore any patent infringement issues...)

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:

That's just not right is it Ray :toetap: :toetap:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:

That's just not right is it Ray :toetap: :toetap:
I NEVER SAID I HATED BLUE . i just said RED was the BEST color in 69 :jester: :devil: :devil:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
6T9Hemi said:
If guess is it's red it might as well be a Hemi car....................... :drive:
That's very nice Larry. My wife wanted me to paint the other woman red but it had to go original, She does like the blue now that its on. :beep:

6T9Hemi

Reaction score
Bob,
That was my first Mopar back in 1972 for the lofty sum of $500 with 2348 miles on it. It is now owned by a buddy of mine across the river in Indiana. I might get my hands on it again one of these days.
Larry

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
6T9Hemi said:
Bob,
That was my first Mopar back in 1972 for the lofty sum of $500 with 2348 miles on it. It is now owned by a buddy of mine across the river in Indiana. I might get my hands on it again one of these days.
Larry
Larry. I owned an F8 hemi runner when I was up in Wyoming and wonder where it went. I sold it in 76 to a friend that dropped a valve and took a head out. last I heard it went to Arizona in about 77. It had an am/ 8track console 4spd black interior, it was a 4:10 car but I had put 4:88s into it and had a poor piece of body work to the right tail light area. Any chance its yours I never took a picture and all I have is time slips from Denver.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Did a little cleaning and painting yesterday, did I get the finned area and letters to dark?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Did a little cleaning and painting yesterday, did I get the finned area and letters to dark?

Looks pretty darned good to me...what makes you ask this question...??? Is there a color standard somewhere for this too?

6T9Hemi

Reaction score
Bob,
My Runner is a Torqueflite car with F8 body, hood stripes with black bench, no radio coupe. It is also a factory 4:10 Dana car. Your old F8 car sounds pretty nice. I do have a picture of a fender tag that could be your old car.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
6T9Hemi said:
Bob,
My Runner is a Torqueflite car with F8 body, hood stripes with black bench, no radio coupe. It is also a factory 4:10 Dana car. Your old F8 car sounds pretty nice. I do have a picture of a fender tag that could be your old car.
Almost but it was a hardtop :cheers:

Jim S.

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I was after a dark gray so I used Rustoleum BBQ black :lol:
Looks good Bob. I have asked the same question elsewhere about the color and the general Consensus was the same dark gray argent that was used on the grill and headlight bezels. BEA parts are re-poping them, and he paints the letters black and the fins gray. Not sure what is correct. http://www.beaparts.com/showlargeimage. ... ge%20image

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I've seen so many varations in my area that I'm not sure what is correct. Some are non-painted, while the others have the letters only painted, which is what I did. I haven't seen any with the finned areas painted. Sorry that it's not a better pic.

Back